Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, sorry I don't find your kids cute.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 308 Replies
6 moms liked this

Call me a jerk, whatever.  I do not find other people's kids cute.  I do not want them touching me, hugging me, offering their nasty goober toys to me.  If they wave or say hi, I was give a quick smile and mutter hi back and then look the other way avoiding eye contact with my ear buds in or fiddle on my phone.

Please do not encourage your kids to talk to strangers and carry on all cutesy wootesy.  Encourage them to be friendly and then respect boundaries.  Encourage them to understand the difference between stranger and friend.

Keep your sticky, germ covered chatterboxes to yourselves in public please.  I willingly bore one rugrat.  I did not choose to deal with the ones you brought into this world.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this
For the most part, I agree. :-\
AshleyMommi
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:51 PM
7 moms liked this
You sound lovely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaDulceVida
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Lol it is awkward when kids stare at you in public. I feel so weird, like what should I do haha
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Blah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

for the most part I am.  But when I don't like children and I don't like entertaining other people's snot goblins.

Quoting AshleyMommi: You sound lovely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't take anyone seriously who cannot spell, "Cutesy". Please don't teach your shitty grammar to my children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I only have girls and I only like other people's kids if they are girls. Boys are too much for me. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree, kids should be taught boundaries. There was a little girl at my doctor's office once that crawled all over me in the waiting room. Asked if I had any snacks, went through my purse, begged me repeatedly to let her play on my phone...it was ridiculous. A few healthy boundaries and some manners would have done her a lot of good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
So what you are saying is your kid is not cute and easy to talk to?
Lol! I'M KIDDING!!!!!...kinda.

My kid engages in conversation with a lot of people. They seem to really like talking to her. Of course she's stinkin adorable. So I don't blame them. But people are constantly talking to her, giving her things, carrying on conversations. So apparently I am not the only one who thinks she's adorable. And I really do try to get her to leave people alone. They actually INSIST that its ok and "she's fine".

It actually causes issues sometimes. Sometimes everyone wants to talk to her and I am trying to get her to listen.
I wish people would stop giving my kid stuff and gushing over how cute and sweet she is.

Ok. I don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Call me a jerk, whatever.  I do not find other people's kids cute.  I do not want them touching me, hugging me, offering their nasty goober toys to me.  If they wave or say hi, I was give a quick smile and mutter hi back and then look the other way avoiding eye contact with my ear buds in or fiddle on my phone.

Please do not encourage your kids to talk to strangers and carry on all cutesty wootesy.  Encourage them to be friendly and then respect boundaries.  Encourage them to understand the difference between stranger and friend.

Keep your sticky, germ covered chatterboxes to yourselves in public please.  I willingly bore one rugrat.  I did not choose to deal with the ones you brought into this world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)