Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, sorry I don't find your kids cute.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Call me a jerk, whatever.  I do not find other people's kids cute.  I do not want them touching me, hugging me, offering their nasty goober toys to me.  If they wave or say hi, I was give a quick smile and mutter hi back and then look the other way avoiding eye contact with my ear buds in or fiddle on my phone.

Please do not encourage your kids to talk to strangers and carry on all cutesy wootesy.  Encourage them to be friendly and then respect boundaries.  Encourage them to understand the difference between stranger and friend.

Keep your sticky, germ covered chatterboxes to yourselves in public please.  I willingly bore one rugrat.  I did not choose to deal with the ones you brought into this world.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I 100% AGREE
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM
I agree. I feel like a freak at dd's pre-k because I don't go out of my way to talk to the other kids except for when my dd is talking to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM

yes, because hitting 2 keys at once accidentally is bad grammar...

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't take anyone seriously who cannot spell, "Cutesy". Please don't teach your shitty grammar to my children. 

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't especially care for the children of others, either. I'm okay with it.
lunyuny
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Bah humbug
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Eh I kinda agree. It bothers me when either a dirty (slobber, booger, food covered) kid tries to touch me or when a mom thinks that I should think her kid is as cute as she does and wants me to swoon over him/her. Other than that, I'm really fine with them saying hi and talking to me for a minute.
SaratheN
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I feel the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I don't allow my son to engage in conversations with strangers.  Don't you know you aren't supposed to talk to strangers?  I let him say hi or wave, and then tell him that's enough if he tries to talk their ear off.  It's called parenting.

Quoting Anonymous: So what you are saying is your kid is not cute and easy to talk to?
Lol! I'M KIDDING!!!!!...kinda.

My kid engages in conversation with a lot of people. They seem to really like talking to her. Of course she's stinkin adorable. So I don't blame them. But people are constantly talking to her, giving her things, carrying on conversations. So apparently I am not the only one who thinks she's adorable. And I really do try to get her to leave people alone. They actually INSIST that its ok and "she's fine".

It actually causes issues sometimes. Sometimes everyone wants to talk to her and I am trying to get her to listen.
I wish people would stop giving my kid stuff and gushing over how cute and sweet she is.

Ok. I don't.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Snot Goblinssidesplittinglaughter I'm dying over here. 

Quoting Anonymous:

for the most part I am.  But when I don't like children and I don't like entertaining other people's snot goblins.

Quoting AshleyMommi: You sound lovely.

TCain0001
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Now for the main question:

If you don't like kids (and from the sound of this post, you don't have any--if you do, poor kids! ), then why the hell are you on CafeMOM?  Pretty much all of us have kids or are TTC.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)