Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, sorry I don't find your kids cute.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Call me a jerk, whatever.  I do not find other people's kids cute.  I do not want them touching me, hugging me, offering their nasty goober toys to me.  If they wave or say hi, I was give a quick smile and mutter hi back and then look the other way avoiding eye contact with my ear buds in or fiddle on my phone.

Please do not encourage your kids to talk to strangers and carry on all cutesy wootesy.  Encourage them to be friendly and then respect boundaries.  Encourage them to understand the difference between stranger and friend.

Keep your sticky, germ covered chatterboxes to yourselves in public please.  I willingly bore one rugrat.  I did not choose to deal with the ones you brought into this world.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I find talking to other people's kids awkward and boring. I really only like my kids. I also don't expect other people to find my kids as endearing and cute as I find them.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM
8 moms liked this
While i agree with teaching your kids to not talk to strangers, i do feel that you a bit of a cunt. <3
PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Okay.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:02 PM
For the most part I don't mind, but I also work with kids.
However, I don't enjoy snotty nosed children rubbing their face in mine, including my own lol.
lady-J-Rock
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Yeah well your kid isn't as cute as you think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:03 PM

agree!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM

It actually says I have a kid in the post...  Nice comprehension skills.

Quoting TCain0001:

Now for the main question:

If you don't like kids (and from the sound of this post, you don't have any--if you do, poor kids! ), then why the hell are you on CafeMOM?  Pretty much all of us have kids or are TTC.

SweetCL
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to talk to other people's kids in the waiting room, at the check-out line, or whereever they say Hi to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh, sorry my polite kid, who is SN, offends people like you. We teach him DAILY what are appropriate ways to talk to strangers, personal space, etc... But he just DOESNT get it yet. He doesn't understand why it bothers people sometimes if you talk to them or look at them, when try don't want that type of attention.
My other child knows how to respect boundaries.
I definitely don't encourage his behavior, but it happens from time to time. Sorry it's such a huge ass burden.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:05 PM

ok..  I am sure he's not to other people.  That's sorta the whole point einstein.

Quoting lady-J-Rock: Yeah well your kid isn't as cute as you think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)