Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, sorry I don't find your kids cute.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Call me a jerk, whatever.  I do not find other people's kids cute.  I do not want them touching me, hugging me, offering their nasty goober toys to me.  If they wave or say hi, I was give a quick smile and mutter hi back and then look the other way avoiding eye contact with my ear buds in or fiddle on my phone.

Please do not encourage your kids to talk to strangers and carry on all cutesy wootesy.  Encourage them to be friendly and then respect boundaries.  Encourage them to understand the difference between stranger and friend.

Keep your sticky, germ covered chatterboxes to yourselves in public please.  I willingly bore one rugrat.  I did not choose to deal with the ones you brought into this world.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Replies (301-308):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Yes, I do the same to adults.  A hello and smile are enough interaction for me.  Nothing wrong with that.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No I didn't actually.  I stated that your childish name calling of children and your view on them is very skewed.  Would you do the same to an adut that engaged your in coversation?  I don't see the difference in a child engaging in a conversation with a stranger or an adult.  As long as they are not hanging on you or touching you.  However, a simple hello or them showing you something they have is polite manners. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually you implied if one doesn't want to engage they are stuck up.  But yes, I suppose you did specify.

Not wanting to talk doesn't mean someone is stuck up.  I means they just want to be left alone.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Hmmmm I didn't say that at all.... I stated clearly if they didn't want to engage that was fine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So when someone is clearly not interested in speaking with you and don't want to be bothered in public you push yourself on them and pester them?

Wow.  Rude.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Nope I encourage them to talk and engage with strangers as I do.  Most aren't stuck up people as yourself and will engage with them back.  If they don't fine but I have no problem with them conversing with strangers. 

Nope I will NOT keep them to myself.  They are all not germ covered, sticky or rude.  Unlike yourself!!!!

It is a life skill how to speak to others and I will continue to teach them. 

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Jerk.

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I am the same way, no bashing here

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Hmmmm I disagree.  I guess if your mother allowed you more interaction as a child you couldn't be so interverted as an adult. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I do the same to adults.  A hello and smile are enough interaction for me.  Nothing wrong with that.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No I didn't actually.  I stated that your childish name calling of children and your view on them is very skewed.  Would you do the same to an adut that engaged your in coversation?  I don't see the difference in a child engaging in a conversation with a stranger or an adult.  As long as they are not hanging on you or touching you.  However, a simple hello or them showing you something they have is polite manners. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually you implied if one doesn't want to engage they are stuck up.  But yes, I suppose you did specify.

Not wanting to talk doesn't mean someone is stuck up.  I means they just want to be left alone.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Hmmmm I didn't say that at all.... I stated clearly if they didn't want to engage that was fine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So when someone is clearly not interested in speaking with you and don't want to be bothered in public you push yourself on them and pester them?

Wow.  Rude.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Nope I encourage them to talk and engage with strangers as I do.  Most aren't stuck up people as yourself and will engage with them back.  If they don't fine but I have no problem with them conversing with strangers. 

Nope I will NOT keep them to myself.  They are all not germ covered, sticky or rude.  Unlike yourself!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM

So I should have to chat with people in public?

Um no.

There is nothing wrong with being introverted.  People are different.  Not everyone is outgoing and chatty.  I like to be left alone when I am in public. I smile, wave say hello and am polite.  

Expecting more of me when you don't know me siply because that is what you want is rude.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Hmmmm I disagree.  I guess if your mother allowed you more interaction as a child you couldn't be so interverted as an adult. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.  Rude.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:54 PM

My kids are the cutest to me, but I am biased of course. I dont allow them to initiate the cutesy wootsy as you put it. I have had people come up to me in Walmart and other stores, I just look at them and say thank you. encourage the kids to do the same. But I wouldnt want to be known as the mom who thinks her children are the most cutest in the world, unfortunately, they are not. (for me, and theyre step daddy they are.)

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Ok don't want to be judged don't post something on a public board :)  Have a nice day.

Quoting Anonymous:

So I should have to chat with people in public?

Um no.

There is nothing wrong with being introverted.  People are different.  Not everyone is outgoing and chatty.  I like to be left alone when I am in public. I smile, wave say hello and am polite.  

Expecting more of me when you don't know me siply because that is what you want is rude.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.  Rude.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

MomNCombatBoots
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:44 PM

i thought i was the only one who was like this. I am generally not a kid person. I hated babysitting when i was a teen. I actually didn't think about having kids til i met my husband and we discussed it thoroughly lol. sorry, just not my thing. hence why i didn't become a teacher or daycare person. I'm very indifferent towards kids in the store and what not. I don't care to interact with them. I don't find other kids cute. Okay, let me rephrase that, there are maybe a handful of other kids that I admit are pretty cute. still don't want to deal with em tho. Seriously, when some kid is uncontrolled by their parents, I get visibly aggravated. I do my damndest to make sure my daughter isn't "bothering" anyone while we are out. I realize that she is my kid, and other people don't necessarily like kids, or want to deal with other peoples' kids. We as moms are supposed to think our kids are the most adorable in the world (even when we want to rip our hair out at times!). God knew what he was doing when he made a mother's love for her kids! (of course, not including the psychos that make the news, we won't go there). does that make me a horrible person? nope! God gave us all things we are good at. I look at puppies and think "awww how cute!", i don't look at kids (except mine) and go "awww how cute!". more like, where the hell is your parent. I don't get baby fever by seeing babies. it's a baby. I've raised one. she's 5 now, she's loud and opinionated like me, and she doesn't hold back her thoughts. right now she's being a sweetie pie. let's see if I piss her off by saying "no" to something in the next ten mins or so lol. it's easy when they're babies, right mamas of older kids!? sorry for the novel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)