Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, sorry I don't find your kids cute.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Call me a jerk, whatever.  I do not find other people's kids cute.  I do not want them touching me, hugging me, offering their nasty goober toys to me.  If they wave or say hi, I was give a quick smile and mutter hi back and then look the other way avoiding eye contact with my ear buds in or fiddle on my phone.

Please do not encourage your kids to talk to strangers and carry on all cutesy wootesy.  Encourage them to be friendly and then respect boundaries.  Encourage them to understand the difference between stranger and friend.

Keep your sticky, germ covered chatterboxes to yourselves in public please.  I willingly bore one rugrat.  I did not choose to deal with the ones you brought into this world.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Ah, baby stalkers. Gotta ignore them, because if you don't they will never crawl out of your ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Derp derp.

Gee. I must be such a terrible parent.
Well me and her father chit chat with the public. We are friendly people. She knows not to wonder off with anyone but her family. So I'm not worried about it.
In fact. My kid is so cute I am afraid someone might take her! So I am especially cautious about strangers. But that doesn't mean we have to be jerks to everyone we don't know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't allow my son to engage in conversations with strangers.  Don't you know you aren't supposed to talk to strangers?  I let him say hi or wave, and then tell him that's enough if he tries to talk their ear off.  It's called parenting.

Quoting Anonymous: So what you are saying is your kid is not cute and easy to talk to?

Lol! I'M KIDDING!!!!!...kinda.

My kid engages in conversation with a lot of people. They seem to really like talking to her. Of course she's stinkin adorable. So I don't blame them. But people are constantly talking to her, giving her things, carrying on conversations. So apparently I am not the only one who thinks she's adorable. And I really do try to get her to leave people alone. They actually INSIST that its ok and "she's fine".

It actually causes issues sometimes. Sometimes everyone wants to talk to her and I am trying to get her to listen.

I wish people would stop giving my kid stuff and gushing over how cute and sweet she is.

Ok. I don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:07 PM
That's probably hoe people feel about ur kid too . Lol
lady-J-Rock
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:07 PM
OK just making sure you knew that.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok..  I am sure he's not to other people.  That's sorta the whole point einstein.

Quoting lady-J-Rock: Yeah well your kid isn't as cute as you think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:07 PM
You seem like such a bitch. I doubt anyone wants to talk or interact with you or your demon spawn anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM
There's always someone who cries "special needs!" The OP was talking about parents who aren't watching their kids, teaching them manners or are just looking for attention. I wish some people on here would stop taking the "special" part literally.

Quoting Anonymous: Eh, sorry my polite kid, who is SN, offends people like you. We teach him DAILY what are appropriate ways to talk to strangers, personal space, etc... But he just DOESNT get it yet. He doesn't understand why it bothers people sometimes if you talk to them or look at them, when try don't want that type of attention.

My other child knows how to respect boundaries.

I definitely don't encourage his behavior, but it happens from time to time. Sorry it's such a huge ass burden.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM

SN's obviously don't count.  Try not to personalize everything.  You can obviously tell when a parent tries to teach a kid and they don't get it or are learning and when a parent encourages the kid to bother strangers.

Quoting Anonymous: Eh, sorry my polite kid, who is SN, offends people like you. We teach him DAILY what are appropriate ways to talk to strangers, personal space, etc... But he just DOESNT get it yet. He doesn't understand why it bothers people sometimes if you talk to them or look at them, when try don't want that type of attention.
My other child knows how to respect boundaries.
I definitely don't encourage his behavior, but it happens from time to time. Sorry it's such a huge ass burden.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I think little kids are cute.

My DS doesn't talk and doesn't want attention from strangers, so you don't have to worry about him.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I don't mind the kids who will smile and talk a bit but I don't like it when they invade my space and I will tell them so.
Alona3milanya
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Say hi or wave. Most of the time they look away. Unless you encounter a chatterbox kid with chatterbox mom... Then it's just your luck. :)

Quoting LaDulceVida: Lol it is awkward when kids stare at you in public. I feel so weird, like what should I do haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)