Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your DH sleep all the time?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

This is the first time we've gotten to hang out all week as a family. We both had today off. He had fri, sat, sun, and monday off. This is my first day off in over a week. He slept in till 2pm, we go for lunch. Then as soon as we get home hes asleep on the couch. He says he has a "headache". Funny how everytime we hang out as a family has is "sick" and needs to sleep. I swear he is either at work, playing videogames, having beers with friends, or asleep. We watch a family movie and he is asleep. We are going to play a board game but he is asleep. I am getting so sick of it. Then when I bring it up he gets mad at me for not understanding his "pain". Like WTF if your sick several days a week go to a doctor. Hes snoring right now but everytime I say "your snoring" he gets mad and says "Im just breathing heavy". I think hes full of shit. He stays up late doing his own thing (his shows or videgogames) then is too tired to hang out with the family so he says he is sick and naps till late so he can get up and resume his hobbies in peace. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM
DH use to do that when we first got married so after the kids went to sleep I stayed up with him and told him to put something kn we can both watch. He of course tortured me with Battlestar Galactica but that was over 5 yrs ago now we watch shows together, ones that I get to choose aswell and we enjoy watching and talking about it. Flip the script on him and show him you're interested in his activities after dark. Men swear they're slick and when you catch them off guard they don't know where to stick their heads.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM
My husband would do the same shit if I let him get away with it
Momsold
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No, he doesn't.

I wouldn't have married someone who puts sleep, video games, sleep, friends, sleep and more sleep before his family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM

No, he doesn't sleep much.  He puts the girls to bed at 8:30, goes to bed around 10 and gets up at 3:30 for work.  Even on his days off he's up at 6 at the very latest.

Sometimes on his days off he will be watching TV in the living room and doze off for an hour.  I just let him rest.  Now, if he's sick he can nap 2-3 hours when he's off but it's not big deal.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope.
He's not a sleeper.

He's up at the ass crack of dawn even on his days off, doing stuff around the house and hanging out with DD while I sleep.

I didn't get up until 1 pm today....lol.

Love that man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM
It seems like it... but dh works graves so yeah when I'm awake he's asleep.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM

No. He sleeps at night and occasionally takes a nap on Sundays.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM

all the time?  no.  but I try my hardest to make sure he gets a nap on days following his shift days, sometimes he gets a whopping 1/2 hour of sleep those nights.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Um, no. Sleeping until 2pm? My dh is very involved with us so he has plenty to do and not sleep the day away.

michelle623
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM

No, he gets up early. The only time that he sleeps later is if he is not feeling well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN