Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do so many women here care about...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
4 moms liked this

What another woman calls her SO. Boyfriend/Fiance/Husband? They are all just titles. Get so sick of seeing, theres no ring, he's not your husband. There's no stupid paper..he's not your husband. Who freaking cares. They are to a point in their relationship they feel they can call eachother that..So be it. What harm is it doing to you. Hell thing my SO (and no not legal husband) and I have a better relationship then most the "legally" married people we know. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cymkare
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
8 moms liked this

I honestly don't care. 

But most women who have a problem with it are probably thinking about the actual definition of each word. 

Boyfriend -- dating

Fiance -- planning to get married

Husband -- married

The words do have meanings. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't care, but I will think someone is an idiot for calling her bf her husband. It makes her sound like she lives in a fantasy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Words have meaning.
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
IDC what you calk your man...

I hate the word hubby tho Lol
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I really don't care honestly.
Yet I do find it silly if they have been together a short time and she starts calling him her husband.
I can see if they share their life together ( own property together, joint accounts, children ) things like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM

I just don't see how it effects them to the point they have to point it out. I mean yes they have definintions. But my SO and I have a daughter. We live together. He calls my children his step-children. We share bill, money. Everything. Why does it have to be "Playing house". Why do I need that piece of paper for him to be my husband.

Quoting cymkare:

I honestly don't care. 

But most women who have a problem with it are probably thinking about the actual definition of each word. 

Boyfriend -- dating

Husband -- married

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM
This. I do call one of my good friends boyfriend her husband. (She doesn't) They have been together 18 years, with no plans to get married, but they might as well be.

Quoting Ber-Lynn: I really don't care honestly.

Yet I do find it silly if they have been together a short time and she starts calling him her husband.

I can see if they share their life together ( own property together, joint accounts, children ) things like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Yeah, I know someone who got married before my DH and I did who would constantly talk down to us (and others) because she felt like a ring made her relationship more meaningful.

They hadn't even KNOWN each other for a year and definitely hadn't been through any tough times....my DH and I were friends and then dated for years before becoming engaged and getting married. We'd been through trials, heartbreak, and sickness but we stuck by each other's sides throughout it all.

I feel like that spoke volumes about our relationship....moreso than her fancy ring did.
cymkare
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM
6 moms liked this

Again, I don't care what you call him but a husband is someone you are married to. 

So for him to be your husband (by the definition of the term) then yes you have to have that piece of paper. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't see how it effects them to the point they have to point it out. I mean yes they have definintions. But my SO and I have a daughter. We live together. He calls my children his step-children. We share bill, money. Everything. Why does it have to be "Playing house". Why do I need that piece of paper for him to be my husband.

Quoting cymkare:

I honestly don't care. 

Boyfriend -- dating

Husband -- married

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM
So are you engaged? How old is your child? Do you plan on getting married?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)