Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nurses

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 27 Replies

My husband had disc replacement today, I have to say the nurses were so amazing.  All were kind, patient, funny and uplifting.  I think my biggest regret in life is that I didn't become an R.N. 

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Why do you think its too late?  My mom went back to school to be an RN.  She graduated last spring.  She's 64 years old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:09 PM

You definitely still can. My nursing class was made up of all ages!

I'm glad you had a great experience and I hope your husband recovers quickly!

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You definitely still can. My nursing class was made up of all ages!

I'm glad you had a great experience and I hope your husband recovers quickly!

You're so sweet, thanks--he did very well.  I don't know, I'm 47, I think I'm too old to start now.   I might look into volunteering at the hospital.  The operating room registration area had these kind, lovely older volunteers who were so sweet and caring.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Quoting -PB:

Why do you think its too late?  My mom went back to school to be an RN.  She graduated last spring.  She's 64 years old.

Really?  Wow!  This really makes me feel differently about it.  That's such a wonderful thing, you must be very proud of her.

imyourPuppy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:14 PM
It's my dream, but it is too late former ow to become a nurse :-(
imyourPuppy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM
It's my dream, but it is too late for me to become a nurse :-(
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Nurses are awesome!  

I loved working as a RN but now I'm a CRNA.  Nurses really do make the hospital go round.

He had disc replacments?  What did they use in place of his disc?

-PB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am proud.  I too am going too school at 33 years old (but not to be an RN, majoring in finance) and we talk about classes, professors, exams, etc.  kinda funny.  She works at hospital on an Indian reservation (nice government job with great benefits) in Arizona.  She's always talking about how nurses are in high demand.  Good profession.  Its never too late.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting -PB:

Really?  Wow!  This really makes me feel differently about it.  That's such a wonderful thing, you must be very proud of her.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Quoting Elyce225:

Nurses are awesome!  

I loved working as a RN but now I'm a CRNA.  Nurses really do make the hospital go round.

He had disc replacments?  What did they use in place of his disc?

I know I should be able to answer this question, but I can't.  His surgeon did say it's very new technology and amazing.  He had it done at 10:30 this morning and we're already home, and he can already feel the difference in his elbow.  The nerve running down his arm that was affected by the disc caused horrible pain in the elbow and like a "pinging" sensation and he said it's gone.  He lost so much strength in his arm and hands.

-CaramelApple-
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It's never too late, especially if it's something you really want to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)