Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I do drugs every night.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Well it's only Benedryl but I didn't think anyone would read it if I put that in the title. 

Is that dangerous. I take one or two every night. I get really stuffed up if I don't. Plus it helps me sleep. But I am worried about the long term effects. I just realized I've been doing it for months. 

I googled and found stuff out overdosing, but couldn't get a clear answer on long term use. 

Anyone?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Have you thought about getting an air purifier for your bed room?

I have allergies and have 2 purifiers. Also was my bedding with hot water every week.
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:09 PM
I take it every night too. I have horrible post nasal drip. If i dont take it i wake up nauseous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Diphenhydramine is relatively harmless when taken as directed. The only issue with taking it often is that tolerance develops quickly and disappears slowly.
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Oh and ive been taking it fir like 10 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Quoting imthatgirl0607: I take it every night too. I have horrible post nasal drip. If i dont take it i wake up nauseous.

You haven't grown an extra head or anything?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

benadryl is offically non-habit forming, and they even give it to addicts to help with insomnia or anxiety.

your liver, however, would be thankful if you'd cut that shit out.

sarasunshine99
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Why not have a glass of wine instead...it's basically the same thing as Benedryl : )

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:11 PM
What, lol?

Quoting sarasunshine99:

Why not have a glass of wine instead...it's basically the same thing as Benedryl : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Diphenhydramine is relatively harmless when taken as directed. The only issue with taking it often is that tolerance develops quickly and disappears slowly.

That's what I was reading. Lots of stories about people taking 10-12 pills at a time. 

I've taken it for years a couple of times a week. I just realized it's been nightly when I didn't take it the other night and couldn't breath. It's still working fine at the normal dose. But I wouldn't take more than that. 

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Lol, no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting imthatgirl0607: I take it every night too. I have horrible post nasal drip. If i dont take it i wake up nauseous.

You haven't grown an extra head or anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)