Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

lapband protein shakes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

my bf is getting lapband in 2 weeks.. and he has to drink high protein shakes

has anyone had lappy done and any ideas what ones taste the best?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Muscle milk, or the EAS whey protein. Gatorade makes one that seriously tastes exactly like a chocolate ice cream shake. It is really good without that skunky after taste. I also like PureProtein. Make sure he likes them, it will be his primary nutrition till the day he dies. My dh had it done 5 yes ago,and hasn't eaten without vomiting since. His band doesn't allow him to swallow solids,even after adjustments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Quoting Leissaintexas: Muscle milk, or the EAS whey protein. Gatorade makes one that seriously tastes exactly like a chocolate ice cream shake. It is really good without that skunky after taste. I also like PureProtein. Make sure he likes them, it will be his primary nutrition till the day he dies. My dh had it done 5 yes ago,and hasn't eaten without vomiting since. His band doesn't allow him to swallow solids,even after adjustments.

hmm... i would think the drs would do something about that :(

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:24 PM
They all are nasty when you have to drink them day in and day out. I preferred Profect. It is super sweet and syrupy, but it was easier to drink than the shakes.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM
They said the only solution would be to reverse it,but insurance won't cover removal of the band. My dh says he feels like he paid $5,000 to be bulimic. He lost over 100 pounds, but really misses being able to just eat real food.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Leissaintexas: Muscle milk, or the EAS whey protein. Gatorade makes one that seriously tastes exactly like a chocolate ice cream shake. It is really good without that skunky after taste. I also like PureProtein. Make sure he likes them, it will be his primary nutrition till the day he dies. My dh had it done 5 yes ago,and hasn't eaten without vomiting since. His band doesn't allow him to swallow solids,even after adjustments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM

i would fight that! or sue the dr cuz thats not how it works :(

Quoting Leissaintexas: They said the only solution would be to reverse it,but insurance won't cover removal of the band. My dh says he feels like he paid $5,000 to be bulimic. He lost over 100 pounds, but really misses being able to just eat real food.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)