Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you love someone and still cheat?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 202 Replies

My husband and i have been married for 5years, i just found out that he has been cheating on me for the last two years (not with the same girl). He has been calling/texting and going out dancing/bowling/etc with other girls and his friends. He has basically been living a single life for the last two years..He admitted to sleeping with one women and getting a bj from two (which of course i dont believe). He admitted to going out dancing with girls and his friends (keep in mind i have only met his friends a couple of times). He wants to stay together and says he loves me.. But honestly how can you love someone and do that? How can i tust that he wont do it again.. Have you ever cheated and still loved your partner? Have you ever forgiving a cheater. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:40 PM
8 moms liked this
Oh hell no, his shit would be packed and no he doesn't love you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I dont know what i am going to do 

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Oh hell no, his shit would be packed and no he doesn't love you

Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't know if you can cheat and still love someone. I haven't ever been in that situation.

I do know if my husband ever cheated I would leave him. I would never get over it or forget it, and there would be no point in us both being miserable. I hope I never have to be in that situation, I'm sorry you are in it now. :(
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Only you can decide if you are willing and able to try and make it work with him. Is he willing to go to marriage counseling? It would take a long time to earn trust back but it can be done. I know many couples that recovered after an affair and have wonderful, happy marriages. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this
He doesn't Love You at all! You would be a fool for staying with that piece of shit.How did you not know He was cheating if He had been going out so many times without you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I found out and then i looked at  his phone history.. He admitted to me but it took him a couple of weeks to admitted  to everything.. He slowly told me stuff.. At 1st it was just going out dancing, then getting a bj, then sleeping with someone, etc.I told him i would forgive him if he came clean about everything (i know im a foo).

Quoting Anonymous: He doesn't Love You at all! You would be a fool for staying with that piece of shit.How did you not know He was cheating if He had been going out so many times without you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I told him i can forgive him if he came clean about everything.. But i dont think he is being honest and i find out something new every day. 

It seem like he just wants to through a blanket on it instead of healing it. 

We are going to counseling now, but i told him i want to start from honestly not lies.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Only you can decide if you are willing and able to try and make it work with him. Is he willing to go to marriage counseling. It would take a long time to earn trust back but it can be done. I know many couples that recovered after an affair and have wonderful, happy marriages. 

PlaysAllDay
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You've been married 5 years but have only met his friends a few times? Are these new friends?
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I've never been in that situation so I'm not sure. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Yes I honestly believe you can love someone and still cheat. Now wether you love this person or are in love with this person are two different things. I want my husband to be in love with me. He doesn't sound like he is in love. But good luck mama and if you decide to stay with your husband these "friends" of his would be out the door faster than you can blink! They are obviously ok with this lifestyle of his and are encouraging it. No more of them. JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN