Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A girl with issues hit my daughter and my daughter slapped her...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 245 Replies
4 moms liked this

So grandma took my dd to her after school program at a local sports park. During the soccer game I was told some girl that has issues ran toward my daughter, punched her in the shoulder and pushed her as hard as she could while they were playing soccer. She then walked toward her and raised her arm, my daughter got up and slapped her so hard her glasses broke and she started crying and going insane.

I drove there rather quickly and spoke with the parties involved. The staff said even though it was wrong she defended herself thinking that she was going to be hit again. The mom was fine in person and we talked but now she's sending crazy e-mails saying I'm going to pay for new glasses or we are going to court. 

They are both 7 and I'm not sure of the girl's exact issue... 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM
25 moms liked this
I don't care what issues someone has. Good for your daughter, maybe the other girl learned something and a judge will laugh at her.
wintermoon111
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM
7 moms liked this
document everything..time, place and get a witness..I cant imagine the mother of the girl who started it asking you to pay if she saw her daughter start it-I would have said to my daughter thats what you get
SaratheN
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
11 moms liked this
I don't give a damn what your kid's "issues" are, you don't touch my kid. My kid has every right to kick your ass of you touch him.
EricaG87
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell the mom she will see your ass in court then.
awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Unfortunately if the kid is classified it will turn into your daughter being a monster hitting this poor special needs child.

Not saying your daughter was at fault but you may want to think how far you want to go with this. And how it will affect your daughter.

To avoid prolonging this i would probably offer to split the cost of replacing the frames (assuming that is what broke).
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this

She should be mad at the staff it should of never went that far.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Nothing like this has happened before. My daughter isn't a bully but she doesn't put up with anyone's shit either. There are plenty of people who saw this transpire. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM

The glasses have been annihilated, even the lenses. 

My daughter is her usual self... this is no big deal to her, even thought she did tell me she felt bad for slapping her but she's not going to let someone hit her regardless of anything. 

Quoting awesomemommy2: Unfortunately if the kid is classified it will turn into your daughter being a monster hitting this poor special needs child.

Not saying your daughter was at fault but you may want to think how far you want to go with this. And how it will affect your daughter.

To avoid prolonging this i would probably offer to split the cost of replacing the frames (assuming that is what broke).

Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Get witness statments and proof that she started it. Dont pay for them.
FelineTopic
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM
5 moms liked this
I always taught my own child she has a right to defend herself...

Pay for the glasses?

Hell would freeze over before I paid for anything..

And...

No...

Special needs doesn't make any difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)