Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A girl with issues hit my daughter and my daughter slapped her...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So grandma took my dd to her after school program at a local sports park. During the soccer game I was told some girl that has issues ran toward my daughter, punched her in the shoulder and pushed her as hard as she could while they were playing soccer. She then walked toward her and raised her arm, my daughter got up and slapped her so hard her glasses broke and she started crying and going insane.

I drove there rather quickly and spoke with the parties involved. The staff said even though it was wrong she defended herself thinking that she was going to be hit again. The mom was fine in person and we talked but now she's sending crazy e-mails saying I'm going to pay for new glasses or we are going to court. 

They are both 7 and I'm not sure of the girl's exact issue... 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Meanolduglyoldm
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Just wondering, if her dd had been a ds and was hit by a girl, would he get praised for defending himself. I totally agree with all of you, but I had sons and taught them, once a girl hits you she has lost all her rights not to be hit back.
inspain
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Had something very similar happen with DD1 (then, 8) and another girl.  The girl's mother insists, to this day, that her DD merely suffers from food allergies.  I fail to see how that makes her kid act like a total violent psycho.  

Her kid kept touching and pestering my DD.  DD asked the girl to leave her alone and keep her distance.  The girl shoved DD off a bench.  When the girl leaned over, fist balled, arm pulled back, ready to hit, my DD kicked her in the face and sent her flying.  The girl became hysterical and, even though there were six eye witnesses, each telling the exact same story, two of them adults, the mother took the side of her notorious loony brat (the kid was known for kicking grown men in the balls, punching adult women in the breasts, kicking, hitting and slapping other kids) and told me that I needed to make my DD apologize for upsetting her child and for "telling outrageous lies designed to make other people dislike" her kid.  I told her I'd do no such thing.  We never spoke again.

Tell her you're not paying for the glasses.  Get written statements from those who saw what happened.  Tell her to take you to court if she wants, but you have the truth, in writing.  Get those witnesses while they're fresh.

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Every child has the right to defend themselves.  

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This. If you can't keep your hands to yourself because of your "special needs" then stay the hell home.

Quoting FelineTopic: I always taught my own child she has a right to defend herself...

Pay for the glasses?

Hell would freeze over before I paid for anything..

And...

No...

Special needs doesn't make any difference.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Amen. I'm raising my son the same way.

Quoting Meanolduglyoldm: Just wondering, if her dd had been a ds and was hit by a girl, would he get praised for defending himself. I totally agree with all of you, but I had sons and taught them, once a girl hits you she has lost all her rights not to be hit back.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Tell her you'll see her in court then.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I absolutely don't give a fuck about anyone's issues, if they hit my kid, they're getting hit back.

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Man FUCK THAT
Don't pay.
Court time.
And applaud your daughter
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I really hate when someone start a post with,and the has issues,it make people think special needs children are evil monsters. Next thing,out of 15 replies everyone is happy your dd,not only did she hit this girl,she knocked her down,and broke her glasses. Now,by all means am I'm saying the girl should get special treatment because she has 'issues'. But, I will say yout daughter acted more violent and out of control,in your,own words you stated your daughter can fight,and 'hold her own. I think the special needs child was probably trying to get your dd attention,and didn't know the correct way,and she went totally overboard,but she hit your child on the shoulders. Your daughter intended to really hurt this girl,,she may have 'issues'. If, I was in your shoes I would talk to my daughter,and ask her,how did she feel,after she slapped her,knocked her down,and broke her glasses,if she is overly excited. You need to tell her the different of purposely trying to hurt someone,and defending yourself. About the glasses,because you described them as ruin,I would pay half,thats what a real woman,and Mother would do! I am a mother,and a grandmother,and it hurt me to see other mothers getting excited because a child got beaten,knocked down,and her glasses were completely ruin. I hope everything work out.s
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Hey, hooker nĂºmero uno!

Quoting Elyce225:

Tell her you'll see her in court then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN