Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A girl with issues hit my daughter and my daughter slapped her...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So grandma took my dd to her after school program at a local sports park. During the soccer game I was told some girl that has issues ran toward my daughter, punched her in the shoulder and pushed her as hard as she could while they were playing soccer. She then walked toward her and raised her arm, my daughter got up and slapped her so hard her glasses broke and she started crying and going insane.

I drove there rather quickly and spoke with the parties involved. The staff said even though it was wrong she defended herself thinking that she was going to be hit again. The mom was fine in person and we talked but now she's sending crazy e-mails saying I'm going to pay for new glasses or we are going to court. 

They are both 7 and I'm not sure of the girl's exact issue... 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Replies (61-70):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know if I would pay for the glasses but I'd be disappointed that my daughter decided to hit anyone-special needs or not-when there were plenty of people around that she could have run to for help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM

She could have done WAY more but she had the self control not to. 

Quoting ki19: I wouldn't pay for a damn thing. If the girl had issues enough that she can't control herself, then she should have been supervised more closely. Either of my daughter's would have done way more then break glasses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
7 smh. I would of thought we were talking about teenagers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Crossed my mind. 

Quoting faire_jour:

That would be mutual combat and she very well might still have to pay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM
They will learn when they get hit back

Quoting Anonymous: True in some cases. But how do you expect them to learn if they are not exposed to the outdoors?

I'm not saying ds hits people but they have to learn somehow.

Quoting ChewyBrownies: It's a true statement. If you can't keep your child from hitting others, keep them at home or don't get pissy when someone elses child defends themselves.

Quoting Anonymous: Ya let's lock up all special needs needs children.

Ignorant statement.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide: This. If you can't keep your hands to yourself because of your "special needs" then stay the hell home.

Quoting FelineTopic: I always taught my own child she has a right to defend herself...

Pay for the glasses?

Hell would freeze over before I paid for anything..

And...

No...

Special needs doesn't make any difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM
I'm not upset. I have never had to deal with this.

Quoting ChewyBrownies: Then don't get upset and try to sue when someones child defend themselves.

Quoting Anonymous: True in some cases. But how do you expect them to learn if they are not exposed to the outdoors?

Quoting ChewyBrownies: It's a true statement. If you can't keep your child from hitting others, keep them at home or don't get pissy when someone elses child defends themselves.

Ignorant statement.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide: This. If you can't keep your hands to yourself because of your "special needs" then stay the hell home.

Quoting FelineTopic: I always taught my own child she has a right to defend herself...

Pay for the glasses?

And...

No...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Lol, I don't think it's that easy.

Quoting Anonymous: They will learn when they get hit back

Ignorant statement.

Pay for the glasses?

And...

No...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM
I was not leaving until I had written affidavits from the staff that saw what happened. Even the kids wanted to write something. What baffles me is that they were on the same team.
Quoting Sassy762:

You have witnesses, get notarized statements in case she does take you to court

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM

She didn't know this girl at all. Let alone that she was sn. She said she was running with her team toward the opposing teams goal, next thing she knows she is hit and pushed from behind and she reacted from being attacked. This also happened (from what I was told) in the middle of a lot of kids and was hard for the ref to see it right away. 

Quoting spooky415: I don't know if I would pay for the glasses but I'd be disappointed that my daughter decided to hit anyone-special needs or not-when there were plenty of people around that she could have run to for help.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM
That doesn't change my opinion at all.

She was in the middle of the game. She knew there were adults around.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't know this girl at all. Let alone that she was sn. She said she was running with her team toward the opposing teams goal, next thing she knows she is hit and pushed from behind and she reacted from being attacked. This also happened (from what I was told) in the middle of a lot of kids and was hard for the ref to see it right away. 

Quoting spooky415: I don't know if I would pay for the glasses but I'd be disappointed that my daughter decided to hit anyone-special needs or not-when there were plenty of people around that she could have run to for help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)