Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Befriend a witch?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 281 Replies
Would you be friends with someone you know is Wiccan? Would you prevent your kids from playing with their kids? Someone at the school found out we are Wiccan and now a lot of kids are not allowed to play with my kid anymore and my kid is heart broken. I went to the weekly school announcements day at school last week, and walked up to a group of moms I have become friendly with lately. I said hi to them and was met with complete silence. So after standing there awkwardly for a few minutes being ignored, I finally walked away.

I really liked this school and don't want to have to change schools, but I am starting to feel like my child will never be accepted there now that we have been outed. We were outed around Christmas, and gradually more and more parents avoid us. It is now to the point where no one except for school employees will talk to our family. My child's teacher said it isn't a problem in the classroom, but my child is left completely alone at lunch and recess.

I am heart broken.

We teach our child to be accepting of the differences between people. I just wish other parents were more open minded. :-(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Bump
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:07 PM
I'm so sorry. Fear of this kind of treatment is why we are mostly in the broom closet IRL. I don't know what to tell you advice-wise. *hugs*
EyEmTuRtLe
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM

There is nothing wrong with wiccan. People just tend to be more narrow minded when it comes to religions outside of their beliefs. 

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM
3 moms liked this

i dont care what religion someone is honestly,if they treat me properly i have no issues with them

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Yes I would and no I wouldn't, in that order.
I don't care what your religion is as long as you keep it out of my face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM
I'm sorry people are so close minded. I'm Wiccan as well and that is one of the things I fear for my daughter when she starts school. Maybe put your child in some after school
Clubs to make friends?
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I would let my kids play, we are not, Wiccan, but I want my kids to understand that not everyone is going to be just like them.
Sasha-
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Wouldn't make a difference to me.

withsecond
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I do have friends that are Wiccan so of course I'd be okay with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)