Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst gift from MIL

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM
  • 75 Replies
So the purse post got me wondering, since so many entries were gifts from the MIL.

Care to share pictures of your worst present you've recieved from your MIL?

Not a contest btw ... Just curious.
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I hate cooking. Her one gift to me was a baking sheet. Not too bad, just not something I'd want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
20 moms liked this

Should I put my ex husband's pic here?

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have pictures but for Christmas one year (the only year she actually even tried) she gave us a "family gift". A giant stocking. Empy. It's like 3 feet tall. Then she filled up a cheap plastic christmas container with nasty old peppermint candies and asked us for the container back.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I only ever got one gift from mil. It was a necklace that matched my engagement ring. I loved it.
MKA28
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Slippers...about 5 sizes too big and ugly! ohhh, I got slippers again this year! Donate.

ladybug

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? Why the MIL why not just the worst gift... ? Ok I got the turbo head wrap thing one Xmas lol
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Unmmm I haven't gotten anything bad from my mother n law. She pays attention or asks her son (my husband). She goes out of her way to make sure that whatever she gets me, I will like. I'm a very lucky woman. I love my MIL to pieces.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a picture of them, but they were bright pink shorts with an elastic band and drawstring.

I hate pink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM

My mother in law has given me a gift only one time in 17 years. She also does not give her grandchildren anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM
This year, the only year she's ever sent gifts, she sent me a hideous man's coat that was likely one of hers, and a stained and ripped sweatshirt. I literally didn't know what to say and was just happy that she was thousands of miles away so she didn't see my reaction.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN