Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second pregnancy news went over so well

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM
  • 92 Replies
Has anyone ever felt like crap or been afraid to tell family about their pregnancy news??

I just announced to my parents that we are expecting our second child and their second grandchild. Due in July. I have an older brother who is expecting in September. My parents were giddy with excitement when my brother announced at 6 weeks. I waited until 17.5 weeks because they were so mean and ignorant the first pregnancy. But they adore my son.

I am shocked and upset by such the double standard. I truly realize now that my brother is the golden child.

My husband is furious and wants to tell my parents off... Yeah that would be fun. Anyone else go through this heartbreak??
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Did they do t again or something?
cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No, sorry...but here's a bump.

Your parents are being buttlickers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:57 PM
My fiancé's mom said, "that's sad. Your first isn't even a year old yet." I thought that was rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM

if it went over well this time, why are you upset?

Inhopkins
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:02 PM
I was so upset I couldn't even tell my brother. But my SIL seems ok with me stealing her thunder right now.

And yes my mother was so mean when I found out on my wedding night I was pregnant. I am such a disappointment...
Tarnished
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Well, do they help support you or watch your kids way too much? 

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM
With our first baby I wasn't thrilled to. But it wasnt that bad. People were douches but I wasn't living at home anymore.

With our next baby I'm not really thrilled to either. I dont know why because there's nothing wrong at all with us having kids...we're married and financially stable. But I bet they'll be assholes about it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I have a feeling there's more to this.
Inhopkins
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Yes I am thinking maybe that is the case. They watch my son 3 days a week. But I could understand if that was the issue but she has not been supportive of me since I got married
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM

My mom said she would've bought us condoms if she knew we were having sex.  I was furious but didn't say anything.  I just left.  She acted like it was a mistake even after my husband and I said we wanted another baby.  She still does sometimes and I ignore her or say he was planned.  She assumed since I didn't tell her we were trying that meant we didn't plan it.  Um, i don't go around talking about that stuff and she and I aren't close so we don't talk about that stuff ever!  Still hurts me when I think about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured