Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fast Heart Rate

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM
  • 37 Replies
So I had an appointment to get checked out from my fall on the stairs this weekend.. & got a lecture about my heart rate.

The last few times I've gone in apparently it's been high, ranging 100-110. Today it was 120 & my doctor put me on metoprolol. Has anyone else taken this? Did it help?
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM
It does help bring down HR. I've used it for blood pressure and had no issues with if. It also has a nice side effect of calming anxiety, which was also helpful! lol
.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:39 AM
My heart rate is always high
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Awesome. I've had issues with anxiety and haven't found anything that worked. My doctor gave me Xanax and it was like taking a sugar pill, it didn't help my anxiety, make me tired, or anything.

Quoting Anonymous: It does help bring down HR. I've used it for blood pressure and had no issues with if. It also has a nice side effect of calming anxiety, which was also helpful! lol
katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I was on metoprolol before I had my thyroid removed to control my heart rate and blood pressure. It did help control my symptoms. Compared to atenol and propanonol the side effects for me were minimal. When you first start taking it it can make you feel lethargic. I always closely monitored my own pulse and bp while I was on it. If you don't know how to do that you can use one of those machines at the grocery store. Make sure you go over all the side effects with your pharmacist as with any new medication.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:43 AM
She told me to take it at night, just in case it made me sleepy. I hope it does cause I have issues sleeping.

Quoting katyusha42: I was on metoprolol before I had my thyroid removed to control my heart rate and blood pressure. It did help control my symptoms. Compared to atenol and propanonol the side effects for me were minimal. When you first start taking it it can make you feel lethargic. I always closely monitored my own pulse and bp while I was on it. If you don't know how to do that you can use one of those machines at the grocery store. Make sure you go over all the side effects with your pharmacist as with any new medication.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:43 AM
I hope it works for you as well! It's an off-label use for some beta blockers. I never knew until my NP told me!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07: Awesome. I've had issues with anxiety and haven't found anything that worked. My doctor gave me Xanax and it was like taking a sugar pill, it didn't help my anxiety, make me tired, or anything.

Quoting Anonymous: It does help bring down HR. I've used it for blood pressure and had no issues with if. It also has a nice side effect of calming anxiety, which was also helpful! lol
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Yah, she mentioned that it may help anxiety, I hope so! I hate feeling anxious all the time.

Quoting Anonymous: I hope it works for you as well! It's an off-label use for some beta blockers. I never knew until my NP told me!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07: Awesome. I've had issues with anxiety and haven't found anything that worked. My doctor gave me Xanax and it was like taking a sugar pill, it didn't help my anxiety, make me tired, or anything.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Mines always around 70. R u overweight? Other health issues?
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:47 AM
I'm a little over weight and I have anxiety and fibromyalgia. Nothing else going on that I know of.

Quoting svolkov: Mines always around 70. R u overweight? Other health issues?
foltzy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I take it. No side effects. I have an erratic heartbeat. It calms it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)