Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"ODD is just an excuse for violence"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 179 Replies
2 moms liked this
Just saw this in a post. You ladies do know ODD is a mental illness just like bipolar and all that. Is those cases people need therapy and meds to get better and learn to control themselves. Mental illness is real. I guess you believe it when you actually have a child or close relative with an actual mental illness. A mental illness is not an "excuse" its an actual illness. Wake up. Not everybody has that perfect health. That is all.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM
14 moms liked this

Yes mental illness is real but that doesn't mean ODD is real. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Agreed.
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM
My 5yo has ODD. I can even admit that I have actually been afraid of her. Something in her just changes, she goes from my sweet monkey girl to this angry, violent, almost possessed ball of destruction.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
It's pretty easy to see the difference in brain scans of a child with ODD and an atypical child. Different areas process things differently.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Quoting thefiregoddess:

I have you to know it is real and only a person that has never been around or lived with a person that has it could say it not. My son has it and it is a daily struggle for him and us .now that being said he is getting help and he is doing great he is married with kids .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes but when you hit your spouse and a child witnesses violence, I say you have a serious problem and should be removed from the family unit until you can keep your hands to yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:48 AM
5 moms liked this
Then those kids should be removed from the general public until they are able to function in society.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Many people do not understand mental disorders. My brother and I both have ADHD and I have had teachers try to tell me that it doesn't exist and we're just making excuses for our behavior. Unless you expeirence it for yourself, you just won't understand it.

Conner

Wyatt and Tabitha

"The baby girl without a chance. A victim of circumstance. The one who ought to give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:51 AM
2 moms liked this
OMG. Doesn't everyone have this at one point or another. I mean come on. No one wants to be told what to do. Everyone rebels at one point or another.
Just another excuse to let kids act fucking crazy. Not ok.
lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Mental illness is real.... right now we are watching dd1 for ODD because she has suddenly become violent and agitated all the time....she is 3 and has a plethora of other medical and MI diagnoses already....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN