Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am an adult, who used to be "special needs"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I am dyslexic.

When I was 10 - 14 I was in and out of "mental health facilities" 

I was diagnosed with ODD, and border line personality disorder.

I took medicine for it for a while (don't ask what, my mom handed me the pills and I took them) But stopped after not even a year. I haven't been to a doctor since, I am almost a perfectly fine person now.

I do plan on going back within the next few months for the border line, I feel it's time to ask for some help. Sometimes I have really bad days with it and have realized that I can't control it alone.\

So I guess AMA?

BTW, I was not "violent" ODD, I basically just did whatever I wanted when ever I wanted and nobody could stop me. I would put holes in walls and break things though.I never attacked any person though.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberKS
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:07 AM
What exactly is boarderline personality disorder? I feel like I've heard a lot but what I have heard has been miss information.
Heisenberg
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:09 AM

I'm dyslexic too. No questions. :)

lizlaughlove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:11 AM

My son only attacks his immediate family. He's been diagnosed with ODD and mood disorder. I've never met an adult with ODD, that I know of. I need reassurance that my son can live a healthy adult life. His ODD affects his school work. Did it affect yours? Were your able to go to college, or is that something you chose not to do for other reasons?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:13 AM

It's a lot of different things, for me personally I am hyper sensitive, I have a love hate relationship with almost every single person I know, I have extremely impulsive behavior, and have struggled with self mutilation, up until I realized I could just get a tattoo or pierce something I was cutting the hell out of myself. I'm also really flaky because I can't ever stick to goals, weather they are long term or short term. 

I'm pretty much classic BPD.

Quoting AmberKS: What exactly is boarderline personality disorder? I feel like I've heard a lot but what I have heard has been miss information.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM

No, I was never violent so I don't know how true my results can be for you. I grew out of it by the time I was 17. 

I was actually expelled from high school, I do have a GED and take online classes. Because I'm dyslexic, I like to have my dh to help me since I know he won't judge me.

Quoting lizlaughlove:

My son only attacks his immediate family. He's been diagnosed with ODD and mood disorder. I've never met an adult with ODD, that I know of. I need reassurance that my son can live a healthy adult life. His ODD affects his school work. Did it affect yours? Were your able to go to college, or is that something you chose not to do for other reasons?

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Used to be?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I'm pretty sure I out grew ODD, I don't feel like doing things people tell me not to do anymore, I also don't freak out and break things.

Quoting briellesmomma: Used to be?

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM
I highly doubt that but OK. Good luck with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pretty sure I out grew ODD, I don't feel like doing things people tell me not to do anymore, I also don't freak out and break things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:19 AM

You know my life? Pretty sure you don't, but ok.

Quoting briellesmomma: I highly doubt that but OK. Good luck with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

lizlaughlove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I was never violent so I don't know how true my results can be for you. I grew out of it by the time I was 17. 

I was actually expelled from high school, I do have a GED and take online classes. Because I'm dyslexic, I like to have my dh to help me since I know he won't judge me.

Quoting lizlaughlove:

That actually is helpful. He'll be in 7th grade next year and I'm considering online school. I can't imagine jr. high with his issues. He was expelled from one school, and gets suspended near the end of every school year. Thanks for your honesty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)