Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharpie. EVERYWHERE. help :(

Posted by   + Show Post
My 3 year old was SUPPOSED to be asleep, he woke up while i was feeding my 5 month old. He told he needed to use the restroom, then a few minutes later came into my room with soap all over his hands and said that he didnt know where his stool was to wash them. I got up to go help him and he found a sharpie god only knows where and drew ALL OVER THE DANG WALLS!!! Omg, i tried acetone, and that was working...unil i ran out. Then i tried some vinegar, and bleach. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this OUT!? Something household perferably, because its already midnight and the boys are sleeping and DH works nights, so i cant get to the store right now. When i cleaned it with the acetone, it was still fresh, will it still come off in the morning once im able to buy more?
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Replies (41-42):
TheDrsRose
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Isn't that an awesome trick?! I wonder what else it works for?

Quoting Brielle.Jude: I did try the hairspray, the marker was already sitting for a while so it was a little tough but i tried some hair shine spray and it came right off! :)

Quoting TheDrsRose:

I got hairdye all over my wall once and used hair spray to get it off,maybe that'll work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Hand sanitizer, just don't scrub too hard because it can also take off the paint.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured