Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dad Sees Kids Slip on Ice & Grabs His Camera Instead of Helping

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 273 Replies

Dad Sees Kids Slip on Ice & Grabs His Camera Instead of Helping (VIDEO)

by Maressa Brown

caution falling on ice signAs much as we've griped, worried, and made fun of this winter, it's definitely shown us again and again how we're at Mother Nature's mercy! Especially when it comes to dangerous, slippery road and sidewalks. Yeesh, they're no joke, right? Well, apparently, they are to one Iowa father named Alan Andersen who is making headlines for sitting in his car and taking a video of kids coming out of school and taking turns accidentally slipping and falling on a patch of ice. What's more, his daughter was sitting next to him as he filmed the mean-spirited clip.

Check it out ...

So he claims he's "laughing with," not at these kids, but let's be honest: Is laughing at ALL what a responsible adult should have been doing? What if one of the kids had ended up taking such a bad spill that he or she actually suffered an injury? Would he have been laughing then? Furthermore, to know he was doing that in front of his child is pretty disconcerting. What's his daughter to think by watching Dad exploit these kids for giggles and, later, viral fame?

More From The Stir: Parents Share What REALLY Happens When You're Snowed in With Kids (VIDEO)

Call me oversensitive or lacking a sense of humor (and to be fair, I've never been one for slapstick), but I feel like he definitely set a poor example by showing his daughter that it's okay to take a backseat and laugh at other people's pain. A mature adult, interested in doing what was right by his daughter and other people's kids, would have gotten out of the car and told kids to steer clear of the ice. But not this guy. He gleefully engaged in schadenfreude. And whether he intended to or not, he taught his daughter that it's okay to not only take a backseat when others are in potential danger, but laugh at their expense.

What's your reaction to what this dad did?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirlsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM
11 moms liked this
It's hilarious
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM
LOL
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I think its hilarious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I think it is funny as hell.
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought it was hilarious!
chickadees
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I sat here watching that and literally laughing out loud.  It was funny as hell!

TookOffMyROBE
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I saw this last night and laughed my ass off. :-/ nobody got hurt & I think the dad's commentary is PRICELESS!

people are so darn sensitive these days. :-P
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM
I giggled.
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM

It's hilarious.

Fulgent.Drinker
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM
9 moms liked this

I'm not laughing "WITH" them , I'm flat out laughing 'AT' them. LMAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN