Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He said what???!!! Ouch :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

This morning at work a customer called me a f'n b**** then hung up.

He faxed over an order and when I faxed it back requesting a PO number he called and flipped out.  After he hung up he called minutes later asking to speak to the owner.  I had already informed the owner. 

The owner picks up and tells the customer he does not appreciate him insulting his employees  his reply is "She shouldn't be asking me for a f'n PO I will go elsewhere."  The owner responds with.  Go take your business elsewhere and try not to kiss your mother with that filty mouth. 

I feel appreciated.  Do you think the owner handled it well?  Has anyone every insulted you this way where you work? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I just had a huge fight with an emplyee at work this week.  ---   The owner handled it well. 

angelchewning
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM

yea i did telemarketing for a brief while...this type of hate was a daily occurrence. i quit!

MCA23
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Sorry you had to deal with that.  My mom is the nicest lady in the world and has been called the same, to her face, at work.  She's a bank teller.  People sure can suck.

LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Holy crap, that guy sounds like a nutter butter!  Sorry that happened!

I haven't been insulted like that at work before, but God help the person who ever tries.  I'll just leave it at that, lol.

June.Clever
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Your boss handled that perfectly. 

I don't work but when I did I waitressed at Dennys. The graveyard shift. So I got cursed at and all sorts of stuff but I typically handled it myself and did refuse service a few times. My manager was not always there but I never got in trouble and when I explained the situation they approved of how I handled things.

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM

LOL I love it. I, too, work for a small company with an owner who has no problem telling a customer that we don't need their business if they are rude! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Personally, I think the owner handled it well. All to often owners and managers allow their staff to be abused by customers. It's nice to hear about an owner who actually cares about his employees. When I worked in retail (a long time ago) the store had a huge turn over rate because management never stood up for their employees and allowed customers act like that towards them. Good for the owner!

DarylNVannasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Yes. But in the end they dont know me from jack daniels so it didnt bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Quoting drowningmama:

I just had a huge fight with an emplyee at work this week.  ---   The owner handled it well. 

I was pretty hurt but felt much better when the owner stood up for me. 

What was the fight about if I may ask?

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I had a customer once tell me I was a fucking bitch because the prices for copper cabling went up on our website, as if I personally changed the price of copper across the industry... some people, I swear... lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)