Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a question for those who have an autoimmune condition

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have RA and has been on a bunch of biologics but I keep getting sick. I just got back from my Rheumatologist and he said he wanted to put me on doxycycline which is an antibiotic long term. I have never heard of this before and wondered if anyone else had tried it and what the results were?
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Bump
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM

bump anyone?

4lilbundles
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

My uncle has RA but he wasn't put on any antibiotics long term. Have you checked any RA forums, I'm sure someone would have a helpful answer?

Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I have RA as well and have never been on an antibiotic long term.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Thanks. I hope your uncle is doing ok. I'm admin on the group on here but sadly it isn't very active. I tried googling but couldn't find anything. I'm going to try Facebook. I just figured where this group is so big maybe I could find someone on here who was on them.

Quoting 4lilbundles:

My uncle has RA but he wasn't put on any antibiotics long term. Have you checked any RA forums, I'm sure someone would have a helpful answer?

mama0207
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM
It sounds like you need a different biologic. I have severe psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and was on Enbrel for a while but kept getting really, really sick. My doctor switched me to Humira and my immune system finally kicked back into high gear. Have you tried a different biologic?
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Have you researched diet at all?
I dont know much about drugs.
But several of the people I know with autoimmune issues have gone to a more paleo diet and are doung far far better than those I know who havent.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I have vitiligo....so, not the same as ra. I wouldn't know. As a pp mentioned, it's worth researching diet changes. Online paleo boards are full of people raving about their improved ra after starting the diet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN