Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

unvaxed kids not allowed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 378 Replies
A teacher in my son's school is starting a petition to require kids attending public schools to be fully vaccinated.

She is also adding to it by suggesting school have a "sick room" that would be staffed full-time by a pediatric nurse, which provides emergency backup care for children with common childhood illnesses such as colds, flu or chicken pox or other issues.

There would be an added charge to it. Any child that show up to school sick would be immediately sent to the sick room and be quarantined.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM
34 moms liked this

I think she needs to find a job that won't involve being around children. They are always sick ad she sounds paranoid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Bump
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Both ideas are ridiculous. People have the freedom to vax or not. The sick room idea is good in theory, but is your school district super rich where they would be able to build this room and pay the nurses? It'll cost a lot more than they would be able to charge for the child's stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM
She's not paranoid, just frustrated. She is a teacher, not a doctor.

Her youngest contacted whooping cough from one of her students.

Quoting suzanneyea:

I think she needs to find a job that won't involve being around children. They are always sick ad she sounds paranoid.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
This as well. I'm sneezed on and have snotty hands on me every 20 minutes. I take Airborne with breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

Quoting suzanneyea:

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Germs are a hazard of being a teacher. She should really look in to a nee profession.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM
It's the second wealthiest district in the city.

She thinks they should be able to choose but not if they enroll in public school.

Quoting An0nym0use: Both ideas are ridiculous. People have the freedom to vax or not. The sick room idea is good in theory, but is your school district super rich where they would be able to build this room and pay the nurses? It'll cost a lot more than they would be able to charge for the child's stay.
myshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

She is crazy! She needs to go work at a private school (maybe there they can violate religous freedom).

Oh, and btw, I believe 100% in vac. ON TIME as recommended. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I think it's time she find a new job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
She's a teacher, not a doctor and she shouldn't have to deal with sick kids.

Quoting cLanief: Germs are a hazard of being a teacher. She should really look in to a nee profession.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)