Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Honestly......what would you have done??? I was so close to snapping and losing my dam job today!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

I went to pick up the kids from school today, and one of the "problem" kids we have threw a fit and decided the he wasn't going to walk. So his teacher talked to him and said that he was ready to walk. I picked the rest of the kids up, I had about 15 kids plus him. We got onto the sidewalk on the street next to the school and he started hitting kids with his backpack so I took it away from him and he turned around and took off running towards the main street, I had to run after him while the other kids waited (thank God they listen) and I had to hold onto his hand and he was pulling the whole time trying to get away from me, trying to bite me and kicking me.

He kept throwing himself down and refusing to walk, I got behind him and was trying to "make" him walk and that is when he started kicking me and it hurt, he was kicking hard. He was also trying to bite me. We got next to the street sign and he grabbed ahold of it, I had to pry his hand off and then he grabbed his backpack from one of the kids who was holding it for me so I had to pry his hand off of that.

We finally made it to the stop sign and started across the street, halfway through the cross walk he threw himself on the ground and wouldn't move, so I had to pick him up and carry him (I have a bad back already, and I messed my back up)

Once we got to the corner he tried to bite me again and I jerked my hand away, he got loose and tried to run in the street but I got back a hold of him and he tried to bite me again and ran towards the street again. So I am standing behind him in the grass on the corner and wouldn't let go of him so he was kicking me, trying to bite me and punched me in the head about 3 times.

I couldn't let go of him because if I did he would try to run in the street so I sent one of the teens that were with me to his house to knock on the door but no one answered. I couldn't  walk with him because he was refusing to walk. So thankfully his mom and dad came across the street and "caught him in the act"

She apologized for him acting like that, and took him home.

I got to my job and told my boss what happened, and his comment pissed me off! He laughed and said "You lost a fight with a kindergartner" SMH!!!!

Today was horrible and I was so close to just quitting!! I love my job, but I should NOT have to deal with this!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:29 AM
What s your job?
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM
3 moms liked this
Kids that bite should be muzzled. I feel for you but what if he bit another kid?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Wow, I would have words  for yor boss, boss. 

Also that boys parents need to punish him,  He is getting away w/ murder it seems. 

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Yea I would not be dealing with that. Kicking, punching and biting? Sounds like the child's parents should be in charge of him.
ZelisMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:37 AM
What exactly do you do?
And is this child in a special education class?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you an afterschool provider?

Dies your employer realize the liability of that child's actions? He jeopardized not oy your safety but the other 14 kids as well. If I were a parent of one of the other kids I would be livid that your focus wasn't on the groups safety but on that one child's safety. I'm not blaming you. I'm blaming your employer for aowing those conditions to exist.
nolongermstkn
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM
Yikes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:43 AM

We provide a safe environment for children to come after school. (that's as much as I can say without saying where I work)

No he is not.

Quoting ZelisMommy: What exactly do you do?
And is this child in a special education class?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:44 AM

He blew it off like it was a joke and it pissed me off! I just stood there in awe, I didn't know what to say without completely flipping out!

Quoting Anonymous: Are you an afterschool provider?

Dies your employer realize the liability of that child's actions? He jeopardized not oy your safety but the other 14 kids as well. If I were a parent of one of the other kids I would be livid that your focus wasn't on the groups safety but on that one child's safety. I'm not blaming you. I'm blaming your employer for aowing those conditions to exist.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Actually you need to get an incident report for your back and have it looked at by a doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)