Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Imagine A Drama filled title, NOW GET IN HERE .

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:02 AM
  • 36 Replies
my son is 7 months (8months next week) and I was told I need to put him on a sleeping schedule . I tried this since about 5month and failed miserably . I was told I was letting my son "run" me . He takes a few naps throughout the day, then I try to keep him up to finally lay him down at 8 or 9. The thing is, he wakes up at 10, EVERY NIGHT won't go back to sleep until 12 or 1 .It NEVER fails!! I was told to keep him up, no naps after 3pm etc etc to make him good and tired, yet he is up at 10 until 12 or 1 . actually I'm looking at him right now (5 mins to 1am) and he is sleepy but fighting it HARD . how did you get your LO on a "solid sleep schedule" ?? He is breastfed, eats solids only when he is interested in them if any of that matters .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Some kids are just bad sleepers and unfortunately there's not much you can do. Try to have a bedtime routine, keep it the same every night, put lavender in his bath, etc. My older two were great sleepers, and my last one didn't start sleeping really good until about 18 months. Good luck, mama. Remember, this too shall pass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:10 AM
He is too nosey to sleep lol . I swear he thinks he's going to miss something if he closes his eye!! (as he is currently sleeping on my chest)

Quoting CMcLaws: Some kids are just bad sleepers and unfortunately there's not much you can do. Try to have a bedtime routine, keep it the same every night, put lavender in his bath, etc. My older two were great sleepers, and my last one didn't start sleeping really good until about 18 months. Good luck, mama. Remember, this too shall pass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't, lol. People are obsessed with babies' sleeping habits. Some wake frequently. It's normal.
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:14 AM
My kids didn't have a sleep schedule until they were about 2.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:14 AM
I didn't think so lol . I told them he just doesn't want to sleep yet. I got tired of trying to force him .that's when I got the "you're letting your baby run your life" speech lol

Quoting justone_jen: You don't, lol. People are obsessed with babies' sleeping habits. Some wake frequently. It's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this
you could of at least lied and said a year so I could have a little something to look forward too lol

Quoting cupcake_mom: My kids didn't have a sleep schedule until they were about 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:16 AM
My family said the same shit. Just ignore them and listen to your instincts, mama. .

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I didn't think so lol . I told them he just doesn't want to sleep yet. I got tired of trying to force him .that's when I got the "you're letting your baby run your life" speech lol

Quoting justone_jen: You don't, lol. People are obsessed with babies' sleeping habits. Some wake frequently. It's normal.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:19 AM
oh I will I was just wondering if anyone got their baby on a strict sleep schedule and how the hell they managed it. what's the secret/!

Quoting justone_jen: My family said the same shit. Just ignore them and listen to your instincts, mama. .

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I didn't think so lol . I told them he just doesn't want to sleep yet. I got tired of trying to force him .that's when I got the "you're letting your baby run your life" speech lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:24 AM
I'm sure someone will pop in advocating for CIO. I recommend against it, especially in babies under a year. You can night wean after a year, which would help.
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Every baby is different and their sleeping patterns change even after they start sleeping through the night.  My older son started sleeping through the night when he was a few months old and he still does! (He's 6)  My younger son never sleeps more than 3 hours!  He is almost 14 months old.  It's pretty exhausting, but he is gradually starting to sleep more.  My older son never had a strict bedtime schedule until he started school last year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN