Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think im going to bleed forever..

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:28 AM
  • 59 Replies
I had my little dude the 29th of December and I am STILL bleeding. Now its only when I wipe for the most part but Jizzy Chrizzy I am SO tired of it. Its like my body was like "you haven't had a period in 9 months,here have all that blood now bc I'm sure you missed bleeding from your vagina!"

Tell me this ends soon?! I had a csection. I didn't even know I would still bleed since they removed all that fun stuff through my lower abdomen. :/
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
readyforhim
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:31 AM

you still bleed but I didn't bleed for two months, you should have had your follow up visit by now, what did the Dr say?

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:34 AM
I bled for months after my LO . they gave me pills to finally stop it . worked and then I bled for months again. what birth control are you taking (if you are) talk to your Dr about taking 2birth control pills a day until the bleeding stops .WORKED FOR ME .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:35 AM
6-8 weeks is the norm; sometimes more, sometimes less. I think I bled for 7 weeks with my son.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:35 AM
What color is it? What did your doctor say?
TheDrsRose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:36 AM
My AWESOME Ob says its all normal. I guess even though the placenta was removed during the procedure there is still a lot the body has to do to recover. *shrugs* I trust that man with my life bc I have had to before. I'm even back on BC now (depo)and still bleeding. Im also BF and I am STILL bleeding.

Quoting readyforhim:

you still bleed but I didn't bleed for two months, you should have had your follow up visit by now, what did the Dr say?

TheDrsRose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Same thing I told him was that it goes from old blood to fresh blood colored. He didn't seem worried.

Quoting LaughCryLive: What color is it? What did your doctor say?
TheDrsRose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM
I keep thinking its stopped so I skip a liner then suddenly..lol

It sucks

8w with it now. Bleh.

Quoting Anonymous: 6-8 weeks is the norm; sometimes more, sometimes less. I think I bled for 7 weeks with my son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM
After I had my second kid I bleed for 4 months! When I went to my 6 week check up the dr didn't seem too concerned about it all. After almost 3 months of bleeding I made another appointment and she still didn't act concerned about it. After 4 months I went to another dr who said he wanted to do a pregnancy test on me. I told him there was no reason to since I still hadn't had sex yet. But he said he wanted it done because it sounded like there might still be a piece of placenta left in there because of the bleeding and pain. Sure enough the test came back positive. I am not even sure of what they did because it was so many years ago but I was admitted right away for surgery and watched for a few days because he was worried about an infection. He was really surprised that I did not already have an infection.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:39 AM
I bled for a long time too and had a cs. I think it's normal as long as you aren't experiencing any weird colors or odors.

Quoting TheDrsRose: Same thing I told him was that it goes from old blood to fresh blood colored. He didn't seem worried.

Quoting LaughCryLive: What color is it? What did your doctor say?
TheDrsRose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:40 AM
I am on the depo shot now.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I bled for months after my LO . they gave me pills to finally stop it . worked and then I bled for months again. what birth control are you taking (if you are) talk to your Dr about taking 2birth control pills a day until the bleeding stops .WORKED FOR ME .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)