Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yikes! I wish they'd warned me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 621 Replies
3 moms liked this
And I get most of the general stuff about it... You know, I understand l&d and all that, but still...

I know there is a LOT I don't know!

I'm pregnant, due in 7 weeks. So it's not like there's any chickening out now!

Can you ladies PLEASE tell me the things you wish you knew the first time?

Anything from labor, last weeks of pregnancy, post partum, surviving the first weeks with a newborn...

Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tink0711
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I wish I had known how long labor can go for. I was in labor for 17 hrs before I was rushed into an OR for an emergency c sec.
sexymamatoone
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:19 AM
9 moms liked this

I wish i would have known how hard it was to deal with my baby when she got sick. not being able to tell me whats wrong every time she cried was horrible. you eventually learn their cries though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww! I know how impatient my DH is too! He will start to get mad after about 30 minutes of waiting.

Any tips for occupying the older "kids" during labor? Most specifically the husband-child? I know the older siblings will be good for me.

Quoting Tink0711: I wish I had known how long labor can go for. I was in labor for 17 hrs before I was rushed into an OR for an emergency c sec.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww!

I hope I'll pick that up quickly! I know hearing him cry will be super duper tough for me!

Quoting sexymamatoone:

I wish i would have known how hard it was to deal with my baby when she got sick. not being able to tell me whats wrong every time she cried was horrible. you eventually learn their cries though. 

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My little dude was 21 days late and had pooped inside me. I was induced. When my water broke I expected a gush of water and it do be done,NOPE.

So,it was like someone had covered my vagina lip, MY LABIA in KY jelly. It was slippery and literally felt like I was leaking slime. Of all of it,that was the most unexpected.
sexymamatoone
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this

its heart breaking for sure. but allow them to self sooth to a point. no more than a minute or two. my 4yo thinks she has to be held at all times even now. she still wont get out of our bed. lol. you will learn all of this quickly. :) just have faith in yourself. 

Quoting Anonymous: Aww!

I hope I'll pick that up quickly! I know hearing him cry will be super duper tough for me!

Quoting sexymamatoone:

Tink0711
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no tips on that one. DD is my only living biological child. When I had her, her father wasn't there. When I had my twins (one stillborn & the other died a week after birth in the NICU), it was quick, like under 2 hours. DF was there, watching TV & coaching me when I needed, & DD was at school.

Quoting Anonymous: Aww! I know how impatient my DH is too! He will start to get mad after about 30 minutes of waiting.

Any tips for occupying the older "kids" during labor? Most specifically the husband-child? I know the older siblings will be good for me.

Quoting Tink0711: I wish I had known how long labor can go for. I was in labor for 17 hrs before I was rushed into an OR for an emergency c sec.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Ew!

Glad to know that it might not be what I expected!

I hope he doesn't come that late! I'm already getting uncomfortable!

Quoting TheDrsRose: My little dude was 21 days late and had pooped inside me. I was induced. When my water broke I expected a gush of water and it do be done,NOPE.

So,it was like someone had covered my vagina lip, MY LABIA in KY jelly. It was slippery and literally felt like I was leaking slime. Of all of it,that was the most unexpected.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Ah! Okay!

I just worry that my husband will be difficult! He is such a huge grump if he has to wait for anything. So entertaining him will be key!

Quoting Tink0711: I have no tips on that one. DD is my only living biological child. When I had her, her father wasn't there. When I had my twins (one stillborn & the other died a week after birth in the NICU), it was quick, like under 2 hours. DF was there, watching TV & coaching me when I needed, & DD was at school.

Quoting Anonymous: Aww! I know how impatient my DH is too! He will start to get mad after about 30 minutes of waiting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:28 AM
I'm sorry you went thru that. :(

Quoting Tink0711: I have no tips on that one. DD is my only living biological child. When I had her, her father wasn't there. When I had my twins (one stillborn & the other died a week after birth in the NICU), it was quick, like under 2 hours. DF was there, watching TV & coaching me when I needed, & DD was at school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN