Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm lying to my husband EDIT: I told my husband about the maid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 912 Replies
51 moms liked this

I am a SAHM and I hate cleaning. So I hired a maid to clean the house when my husband is at work. She comes three times a week. I don't have an allowance, I can spend money as I like. I just pay the maid in cash. My husband has been complaining that the house is a mess. So now he is happy and so am I. I don't feel bad because my job is to care for my kids. Bash away!

ETA: If he asked me, I would tell him. He won't ask.

ETA2: To clarify...I am capable of cleaning and as my maid doesn't live in my home, I still have to maintain the house when she isn't here. So I am still cleaning, just not all the stuff I hate doing...like litter box and scrubbing toilets. Also, I'm not sitting around shoveling food into my mouth and watching soaps while I point at stuff for her to clean. I am doing things I love doing instead of things I don't like. It's just using my time to engage in other activities.

ETA3: So I will be skyping with my husband in a few minutes. I am going to tell him about the maid. Then I am going to read him some of the outrageous responses since he will be entertained. He always tells me that the ladies on here are crazy.

Final update: So I am talking to my husband right now (Kids are actually as I type this.) He laughed, just like I knew he would and said "Whatever makes you happy, ______. I knew there was no way you cleaned the bathroom like that." I read him a few responses and he said "Yup, all those crazy ladies on CM. I'd rather the house be clean and you don't have to be the one to do it. I don't know why we didn't think of a maid before."

So, he doesn't care, just like I knew he wouldn't. Thanks for all the replies!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grnhsegoddess
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM
3 moms liked this
That's pretty dang lazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I don't think you should not tell your husband.
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
25 moms liked this
i thought a sahms job was to take care of the household as well as the kids. When they go to school, what'll you do then?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
9 moms liked this
If I could hire a service, I would. My parents and grandparents both have a cleaning service. I just hire someone a few times a year to help with deep cleaning. Like walls, carpet cleaning, etc...
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
7 moms liked this
That's ridiculous and such a waste of money.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Whatever works for your marriage I guess. Would he be mad if he found out, or do you just want him to think you're doing it yourself? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
20 moms liked this

I have three kids. One of whom is an infant. He nurses constantly. I still cook three meals a day and take care of my kids. I just don't clean the house.  

Quoting grnhsegoddess: That's pretty dang lazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
24 moms liked this
Don't think it's bad and u r helping someone in this bad economy :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought about telling him, but he doesn't honestly care what I spend money on, so it really doesn't matter.  

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think you should not tell your husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this

three times a week though? is that really necessary? i hate cleaning too but can you not do anything at all on your own? damn.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN