Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the point of RULES if you cannot enforce them?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • 111 Replies
3 moms liked this

My house, my rules. If I enter YOUR house they are YOUR rules regardless how old I am.

Im not getting why parents think that at some point during teen years the house becomes their house and their rules.

Yes this is based on that post the mom does not permit body alterations while still living in HER house. Her son should respect the rules. 

If I have to PAY for you and PROVIDE for you, then you should follow MY rules. If the state/government requires I am responsible for you, then you should follow my rules. If you are IN MY HOUSE you will follow the rules.

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM
We are in agreement on this one.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. DH and I own the air they breathe until they're 18 and are on their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cymkare
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to applaud for this post. You are totally correct. 

If they don't want to follow the rules they can move out and start supporting themselves. 

andersongirl562
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I agreed
mjmorrison
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I agree

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Agree :)

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM
I agree.
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM
I get your point, but....you cant really kick a 16yr old out. Not around here anyway...
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:48 PM

This wasnt about kicking kids out... But now that you bring it up, the only way anyone is going to do anything if you kick a teen out is if the teen is smart enough to call the police. Most teens dont therefore, nothing happens. There are thousands of homeless teenagers in the USA today.... So if your theory is TRUE then why are these teenagers roaming the streets? Because really, the law doesnt support what it says.

Look at all these pregnant teen moms, living on their own. Apparently the law isnt written in stone.

Quoting jamamama00: I get your point, but....you cant really kick a 16yr old out. Not around here anyway...

lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I totally disagree.... I think as soon as a person has the ability to make rational decisions they should be allowed to do so.....I would say starting at around 13 kids should be able to decide things like hair color and how they dress....at around 15 or so they should be given basic freedoms to go and do things they want.....By 16 17 they should basically have run of their own lives..... at least that is how I was raised..... I mean legally a child can make court decisions for themselves in family court at 14 so I donno.....I know my kids will have freedom as teens not be expected to suddenly know what to do with freedom at 18
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)