Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How the hell are we supposed to go visit you when we are not on speaking terms???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

So my SIL and I last summer got in a big fight over stupid shit. It spun OUT OF CONTROL. She got mad over dumb shit because she was pregnant and full of hormones. I tried to apologize over, and over. She said my apologizes were "half hearted" and she would not accept them. I finally gave her a piece of my mind and told her to fuck off and a bunch of other really hurtful shit because frankly she is not mother of the year. And I probably should have kept my mouth shut because she had JUST married into the family like literally just married in a month before she was already preggers when her and DH's brother got married.

Anywho, she has the baby a couple weeks ago.

So first of all I got yelled at for not attending the shower. Well gee, I saw her at Thanksgiving. I got ICE GLARES, and she gave my kid dirty looks. DH and I told MIL this and she said I was imagining things poor SIL would never do that. (She really likes SIL a lot even though she is new into the family, she has a lot of health problems, and stuff and it was mean of me to ever tell her what I was thinking in the first place and blah blah blah and even though I tried to reapologize she had yet to forgive me so I am still the bag guy)

So I saw her AGAIN at Christmas once again, ice cold, dirty looks, pissed off fucking bitch.

So her baby shower obviously came, so why would I go to the shower of someone who won't speak to me?

So now I am getting phone calls from MIL to DH and I that DH's brother new baby is like 3 weeks old now and we are the only people in the family who have NOT gone over to their house to see their baby.

Umm they WILL NOT SPEAK TO US.

We explained this to her.

She said she won't get in the middle, but we need to go visit.

How do you visit someone's house who you are not welcome because they hate you? 

So should we just send a fucking congrats card and hope we get an invite over? Because I am NOT going to THEIR home without an invite. The baby shower SHE did not invite me to, DH's sister did and she did not realize how much SIL still hates me thus why I was invited. 

WTF is appropriate here?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdjd23
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM
5 moms liked this

I would send them a congrats card and leave the rest up to them. Like you I won't put myself in a position to be around people who take issue with me so I don't blame you for not going. Send the card and let them make the next move.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM
2 moms liked this

i wouldnt even send a card,bitches dont deserve cards..

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I would send a congrats card and see what happens.

You are family now and hopefully this can be worked out

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:30 PM

That's what I am thinking the fight all started because I made a remark on her fb wall that she considered to be "rude", but I was being playful. She called in the middle of the night about something and I said "wow almost gave me a heart attack sis!" And she said it was rude to post that on her wall, and went off about it, and it spun way out of control...I think sending a card is about the only thing we can do because at this point if she is still mad after all these months I really don't know what else to say, or do.

Quoting cdjd23:

I would send them a congrats card and leave the rest up to them. Like you I won't put myself in a position to be around people who take issue with me so I don't blame you for not going. Send the card and let them make the next move.

happykitty316
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:30 PM

If she doesn't like you, I would do nothing and just leave it at that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I have been saying to her from the START we are family why are we having this stupid fight, and she said just because we are family does not mean I have to like you or we have to be friends.

I was like wow. Then she accused me of being jealous of her being pregnant which was ridiculous, my husband and I can't even afford another baby right now, and neither can they, it was an accident. If she thinks that I am jealous of her oops baby..well that's fine. But I am sorry that maybe sometimes yes I think oh another baby would be nice, but I am responsible enough to not have children I cannot afford at least on purpose. lol

Quoting wrensong:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I am loving this reply, this cracked me up!

Quoting quinnsmom715:

i wouldnt even send a card,bitches dont deserve cards..

cdjd23
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I wouldn't even bring up anything regarding the fight as it really doesn't matter at this point. I would just congratulate them on the birth and healthy baby and leave it at that, adding anything more will probably just add fuel to her fire.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I am thinking the fight all started because I made a remark on her fb wall that she considered to be "rude", but I was being playful. She called in the middle of the night about something and I said "wow almost gave me a heart attack sis!" And she said it was rude to post that on her wall, and went off about it, and it spun way out of control...I think sending a card is about the only thing we can do because at this point if she is still mad after all these months I really don't know what else to say, or do.

Quoting cdjd23:

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

That is really a shame. I say send the card, and at least if MIL or anyone else says something you can tell them you sent a card but that you are not welcome in their home

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been saying to her from the START we are family why are we having this stupid fight, and she said just because we are family does not mean I have to like you or we have to be friends.

I was like wow. Then she accused me of being jealous of her being pregnant which was ridiculous, my husband and I can't even afford another baby right now, and neither can they, it was an accident. If she thinks that I am jealous of her oops baby..well that's fine. But I am sorry that maybe sometimes yes I think oh another baby would be nice, but I am responsible enough to not have children I cannot afford at least on purpose. lol

Quoting wrensong:

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I would LOVE to do that, unfortunately it seems to be driving MIL CRAZY. See in my Mom's family people can not talk to each other and my Mom will just stay the fuck out of it and MEAN IT. Apparently MIL does NOT mean it because she says that but then she calls and bugs the living shit out of you.

Quoting happykitty316:

If she doesn't like you, I would do nothing and just leave it at that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured