Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IEP evaluation....?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
My dd is scheduled for her IEP evaluation 3/7.
She will be 3 in May. She is currently enrolled in PT, OT, SLP, and feeding therapies.
The coordinator told me a school therapist from each category will be there.
However they didn't explain to me how they would be evaluating her...
So my question is , what happens at an IEP eval?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM

It is a group of people and you talking about all aspects of how to help your child.  A plan will be put in place for each need she has.  You will be able to ask questions about what services she will get and if you have any other concerns that is when you should bring it up.

mommy_maime
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:14 PM
They will evaluate her and see if she needs any treatment. Obviously she does that's why she is already getting therapy, they will ask you what your concerns are and your goals for her.
kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:15 PM
They evaluate what she needs and the goals for the year to meet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM

they basically will just evaluate her and ask you a bunch of questions to determine her eligibility and what she qualifies for.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:20 PM
My 3 year old got one in June last year. They just evaluate how she was doing with all those people she sees and what they should continue, discontinue, increase or decrease throughout the next year. I opted for DD to enter a CPSE school and she gets OT, speech and counselling. She was getting speech, OT, special instruction (a teacher) but no counseling.
lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:21 PM
My dd1 was evaled in Nov and denied all services.... it's was silly they sat with her for 45 min total..... before that she was getting 12 hours a week of EI.... she has several diagnoses (asd spd speech disorder ftt possible microcephaly severe food allergies and medical conditions including reactive airway) and I had her whole ei team at the iep meeting fighting for her to get services and still nothing....she turned 3 in December and has been without services since....she has regressed bad..... I have no faith in the school system now....
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:21 PM
If she is already in early intervention they already pretty much knows she qualifies but will talk about concerns and goals. That's what they did for my son (speech/language and possible sensory)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:24 PM
So they go over her files, that already exist, do they test her there as well?

Quoting briellesmomma: My 3 year old got one in June last year. They just evaluate how she was doing with all those people she sees and what they should continue, discontinue, increase or decrease throughout the next year. I opted for DD to enter a CPSE school and she gets OT, speech and counselling. She was getting speech, OT, special instruction (a teacher) but no counseling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM
She has severe SPD!

Quoting JamesMom714: If she is already in early intervention they already pretty much knows she qualifies but will talk about concerns and goals. That's what they did for my son (speech/language and possible sensory)
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM

There maybe testing, if any have not Bern done. Each person will discuss the whys, where's and what they each will do for your kid. And if she qualifies for special ed, if she not in it already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)