Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it depend on the wife?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

If there are several top candidates for a promotion and the supposed to be boss is meeting the families, does he decide who to choose based on the impression at a restaurant? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Huh?
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM
5 moms liked this
I should hope it would be based on merit or education, not how interesting/impressive your spouse is.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I wouldn't think so but who knows? Will you and your husband be required to entertain people for work or anything like that?
Caera
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe.

I don't think someone would want to promote someone who has a wife who's a dumb as a doorbell, or who seems to be extremely whiny or high maintenance. I'm sure the boss is hoping to promote somone with a supportive wife, the kind who won't throw fits at late nights, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Sometimes, yes it does. Especially if the position will have the wife attending parties, events or doing any entertaining for the company (either bosses, employees or clients).

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It's more likely that he wants a better rounded image of the candidates and how they function outside the constraints of the office walls.

People don't want to admit it but your entire character plays a role in your success in the workplace, not just how you behave at work.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't think the wife has anything to do with it personally. but just to be on the safe side, don't get drunk and dance on the table. also, don't hit on the boss or the other wives.

mem82
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Yes, sometimes how you act with your kids could be the deciding factor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured