Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why you NEVER leave your child in the car

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 379 Replies
3 moms liked this

ESPECIALLY with it running!!!

The mom says that she was taking groceries into the house while the boy was sleeping in the backseat when the carjacking happened. Why would she take the groceries in BEFORE her child?

Luckily the boy was found unharmed but seriously what was this mom thinking? 

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9439308

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramalamasp
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I have never left either of my children alone in the car, for any length of time, no matter their age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KnittinMama
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:55 AM
22 moms liked this
I wouldn't do it in town, but I am not one of those moms who think something bad is going to happen if I am not looking at my kids every second of every day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:56 AM
9 moms liked this
Thank you for posting this! We never leave our son in the car when shopping and running errands. Not even if we're running in for just a minute. My husband, however, thinks it's ok to leave our son sleeping in the car in our own driveway while we put bags in the house. We live in a safer neighborhood, but I keep telling him that doesn't mean 100% safety.
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:59 AM
15 moms liked this

I did this alot if I was by myself.  But I didnt leave the keys in the car-and I just put the groceries inside the door, put them away and take to kitchen after bringing in the kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:03 AM
5 moms liked this

Seriously curious...but why not take your child in FIRST?

Quoting momto3infl:

I did this alot if I was by myself.  But I didnt leave the keys in the car-and I just put the groceries inside the door, put them away and take to kitchen after bringing in the kid.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:06 AM
61 moms liked this
And somewhere a kid was kidnapped from his house while his parent was outside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:06 AM
3 moms liked this
It's completely safe to leave your kid in the car if you're both bringing in groceries. Time it so that one of you is always outside... The danger is the kid being left unattended.

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you for posting this! We never leave our son in the car when shopping and running errands. Not even if we're running in for just a minute. My husband, however, thinks it's ok to leave our son sleeping in the car in our own driveway while we put bags in the house. We live in a safer neighborhood, but I keep telling him that doesn't mean 100% safety.
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:09 AM
12 moms liked this

When my feel asleep in the car they were really grouchy when taking them out, so it was easier for me to get a few back inside the door then come back so I could sit with my kid for a few min till they were more awake or back to sleep before putting up things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously curious...but why not take your child in FIRST?

Quoting momto3infl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Turbo timer and lock the car taking the keys with you. Leave the stereo on playing kids tunes...no worries!
sillytroll
by Teehee on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids are older now but when they were little I would never do that. I did once see a lady on here that wouldn't let her 17year old be in the car by himself and he wasn't sn. That is crazy, imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN