Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

asleep when son leaves for school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 320 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son leaves for school early in the morning.  He's in HS - 9th grade.  I always feel bad that I'm still asleep.  My husband usually checks to make sure that he's up and is getting ready (even though he has an alarm clock) Sometimes my husband will stay awake, other times, he goes back to bed for a bit.  My son is very self sufficient  but I still feel bad.  I'm just so tired and it's so early.  How bad do you think this is?  Is it being selfish? Would like to hear some thoughts.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom was never up either lol I don't see an issue. It IS early.
It's not like he is little and needs you make bfast:)
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Thug only reason my mom woke up was because my younger sister had to be woken up. Otherwise she would have stopped getting up with me when she stopped having to drive me after ninth grade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:33 AM
4 moms liked this

If you feel bad, then get up and go back to bed when he leaves. If I remember correctly my mom was already on her way to work when I would get up and get ready. 

KyahZia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I think it's selfish.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM
6 moms liked this

He is not going to kindergarden. It is good for him to have some independence at that age. My 11 year old gets up and does it all himself.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
On the days I work, I get my kids up and then leave. I don't feel guilty.
amc103
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:36 AM
10 moms liked this

not to make you feel bad, but whether he realizes it or not, it says something that you're not up making sure he's doing what he's supposed to. \i know he's older, but its 9th grade, not 12th. maybe start getting up with him so when he looks back, he'll remember it. ;-) 

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:37 AM
If he's self sufficient, don't feel guilty. My mom never got up either after I got to a certain age.
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:37 AM
This

Quoting barrelracer1699:

If you feel bad, then get up and go back to bed when he leaves. If I remember correctly my mom was already on her way to work when I would get up and get ready. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this
He is a big kid and self sufficient. We all need sleep and sometimes if we are up, we are up and can't go back to sleep. For me, I am someone that likes to surprise my kid once in a while. I was a mystery reader at his school and he didn't know. So maybe surprise him once in a while by getting up early to see him off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)