Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No self respect?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I don't wear the latest trends.  I don't usually bother to put on make up.  My hair is usually pulled back in a pony tail.  I'm starting to realize that most people I'm around do look mostly put together.  My clothes are clean and neat- just not so stylish.  I teach young kids and am more concerned about how I do my job than how I look.  I don't try to hard to look perfect even when I'm not at work.  I've always been more into comfort than spending hours or money on my clothing and looks.  Yes, I like to feel pretty so sometimes I'll dab on a bit of something.  It's just too time consuming and bothersome for me.  But, I'm starting to think maybe I should care a little more...Maybe it means I just don't have enough self respect and that I don't care enough???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramalamasp
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM
If you are neat and clean, that is really what matters the most. Hairstyle, makeup, clothing styles, are more of a personal preference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Looking good is important to me. Being a good mom is important too. You can look nice and have other things be of value at the same time. It is not a choice, one or the other.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:48 AM

I have a friend that is always in track pants and runners. Hair is up in some kind of oily mess. I always wonder why she doesn't try a bit to look put together as you were saying. So I asked her and she said it's just comfort. I guess she doesn't even consider anything else. 

Youre neat and clean and that counts:) I do like to keep up with fashion etc, so I do take the extra 10 mins to put myself together with a touch of make up and an outfit.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:58 AM
I hope it has nothing to do with self respect, because I don't care a lot about my clothes and don't wear makeup and I feel fine about who I am.

If I leave the house, I am showered, but then I wear whatever. I like clothes, but I'm probably not fashionable at all. :0)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
When people say I have no self respect because I like jeans and a sweatshirt and no make up, I say I have ENOUGH self respect not to wear stuff I don't like because of someone elses opinion.
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM
You probably look fantastic without makeup and with your hair pulled back :). A woman comfortable in her own skin, particularly one who dedicates her life to teaching, says a LOT more about her than the brand of clothing she wears. You just keep doing what you're doing....I suspect people love you just the wat you are!
darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Do what works for you...who cares what others think!

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Whatever works for you. I teach my sons to take pride in your appearance as well as your looks. For you, the two may not go hand in hand, but for some jobs its needed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 9:04 PM

bump

Goth_mom13
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 9:05 PM

idgaf whats in style,i wear what im comfortable in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)