Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My bf makes $60,000/year and....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
I just paid his phone bill.

I am a single mom of 3, working 20 hours a week while finishing my nursing degree (I graduate in may! Yay!)

I barely make any money but I handle it well and save it. I can't believe he asked me to and I can't believe I did it. He promised to pay it back ASAP and I trust that he will.

Idk where all his money goes. He's a single dad of two teens and has owned his own house (owes a mortgage of course) and nice big truck, etc. So I get that he has bills. But $60,000 is A LOT to me! I think I could handle the phone bill.

We've dated almost 2 years and he's never done anything like this before. I'm still just surprised and actually concerned with his money situation. Of course I've been thinking marriage but finances are a big deal to me. I don't want to be unsuccessful with money.

I'm not really asking anything, just kinda thinking 'outloud' to y'all. But I'd be glad to hear your take on it!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

i guess it depends on where you live $60K isnt a lot of money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM
In KY it goes pretty far! That's where we live.

But yeah, in other places that wouldn't go nearly as far!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Depends on col and if maybe he had an emergency he didnt tell you about. 60k might not go to far.
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM

then yea, thats a lot.. lol... 

i would have said to him pay your own bill... lol.. 

Quoting Anonymous: In KY it goes pretty far! That's where we live.

But yeah, in other places that wouldn't go nearly as far!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM
It goes fast when you have a lot of bills like that. Sounds like he needs to check out Dave Ramsey & get his finances under control though because borrowing from you is not ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I would never be with someone who wasn't financially responsible.  It's a frustration I would not bear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Mine makes about 55,000 and sometimes struggles with certain bills but certainly can and does pay them all. Maybe he had an unexpected debt or something come up. Child support maybe?
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM
That would be a red flag for me. Fiscal responsibility is also a big deal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I would question his financial situation. If he's presumably been 'staying afloat' for the past 2 years, why is there a problem now? Is he living beyond his means? Is he living on credit? Does he have a newly developed 'problem'? I would absolutely be wanting to figure out the answers to all of those questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:18 AM
4 moms liked this

He's a Dad of two teens? That explains it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)