Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$1300?? is he kidding me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
SO is a freaking idiot with bills and money.

I. On the other hand, am super paraniod about stuff and stay on top of everything.

He let the power get turned off in the house, again.

What's the price to get it turned back on? $1300!

Of course, he doesn't have the $$ so he expects me to pay it.

He got paid 2 weeks ago. He got a profit sharing check last week from work to the tune of $6k. He got paid today.

He makes 3x as much as I do.

How in the fuck does he not have the money????

I am trying to leave him. I can't wait to leave him.

I have to pay to have it turned on because my kids need power. But I'm so angry pissed and hurt.

Now, before anybody says anything....this is the ONLY bill he has monthly.

I pay for the cell phones, I pay the cc, I pay for the household needs and what the kids need. I pay for the car, insurance and gas.

He has 1 bill he is responsible for paying on time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

How is it with her help? 

Quoting Anonymous: Yep with your help.

Quoting Anonymous: Cause he is an irresponsible child

Quoting Anonymous: If he makes 3x more than you, why do you pay most of the bills? I wouldn't want to be married to that irresponsible selfish asshat either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Don't you get notices in the mail addressed to all occupants of the house in a situation like that? He must not have paid on it for months.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quoting nana776:

This is what I was thinking. He knows you want to leave so he's trying to make it difficult for you. 

I would go through every pocket, sock, box he has. If he's hiding money, he probably isn't hiding it in an account, the lawyer can find that. 

Stop paying for anything of his, like his cell phone etc. Cut back on everything you can and don't put any money in any account that he can get to. Hell, if you are leaving and don't want the house, stop paying the mortgage. (After you get your name taken off the deed like a pp said.)

And keep all the receipts and proof that you paid the bills, this is financial abuse and may help you in court.

Good Luck.

Quoting Anonymous: He is blowing it.

He bought himself a new ipad, and all the bits and pieces to go with it......

He is constantly buying electronics.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he is hiding a lot from me either.

I think he is doing.it partly as a way to control me.

Quoting Serabeth06:

....Wow. He's either hiding money from you, blowing it on something, or there's something serious going on there. o.O

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

If he earns 3x you, why are you taking on so many bills? I take it the mortgage must be his then? You're lucky you are working and can care for your kids. You are already standing on your own feet. This might be the time to do what you have to for you and the kids. If you think talking will help, try that first. But if you're fighting to survive just do as you see fit.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM
She helps by paying all the bills, not getting a backbone & demanding help with them, & always bailing him out. Lol if she wants any support when they spilt. He can't pay the light bill responsibly, think cs will be any different?

Quoting Anonymous:

How is it with her help? 

Quoting Anonymous: Yep with your help.

Quoting Anonymous: Cause he is an irresponsible child

Quoting Anonymous: If he makes 3x more than you, why do you pay most of the bills? I wouldn't want to be married to that irresponsible selfish asshat either.

arizbet22
by Yetta on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Maybe he has a drug, gambling problem?  Does he have another family?  Maybe he supports his parents? 

I would get him the eff out of there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM
He gets home before me.

So, if there were notices.then he got to them before.me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you get notices in the mail addressed to all occupants of the house in a situation like that? He must not have paid on it for months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Mortgage is in both our names. I pay it directly out of my paycheck so I don't ever see the money.

I'm working with lawyer To figure out how to get out of the house.

Quoting Derari:

If he earns 3x you, why are you taking on so many bills? I take it the mortgage must be his then? You're lucky you are working and can care for your kids. You are already standing on your own feet. This might be the time to do what you have to for you and the kids. If you think talking will help, try that first. But if you're fighting to survive just do as you see fit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM
He pays child support to his ex wife. But it's not much and is taken directly out of his check so he never sees it

Quoting arizbet22:

Maybe he has a drug, gambling problem?  Does he have another family?  Maybe he supports his parents? 

I would get him the eff out of there. 

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous: If you're paying all the bills anyway, tell him gtfo...now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN