Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$1300?? is he kidding me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
SO is a freaking idiot with bills and money.

I. On the other hand, am super paraniod about stuff and stay on top of everything.

He let the power get turned off in the house, again.

What's the price to get it turned back on? $1300!

Of course, he doesn't have the $$ so he expects me to pay it.

He got paid 2 weeks ago. He got a profit sharing check last week from work to the tune of $6k. He got paid today.

He makes 3x as much as I do.

How in the fuck does he not have the money????

I am trying to leave him. I can't wait to leave him.

I have to pay to have it turned on because my kids need power. But I'm so angry pissed and hurt.

Now, before anybody says anything....this is the ONLY bill he has monthly.

I pay for the cell phones, I pay the cc, I pay for the household needs and what the kids need. I pay for the car, insurance and gas.

He has 1 bill he is responsible for paying on time!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Cause I See a bill and pay it

I don't have a dicussion about it.

Quoting cashmereroses:

I feel bad for you but I find it hard to believe that you had no idea that you were paying for everything with the exception of the one bill and he made 3xs the amount that you make. How is that possible? Makes no sense at all. None at all!! 

Can you explain it other then it just slipped your mind every month? Still makes no sense if you are such a control freak about money and stuff. Explain that please. No one here seems to be able to actually help you until you understand what is really going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Cause I didn't see a power bill. I haven't seen a power in 3 months.

I asked him if he had paid the power bill cause I didn't see it and he said yes.

I trusted him. Since that is generally what you do when you are jn a relationship with somebody....trust them

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are super paranoid, and stay on top of things, how'd that get past your vigilant eyes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM
As it says, I am trying to leave.

I have consulted a lawyer and making sure that I get what I am entitled to. Because we own property together.

Quoting MomTo2Boys12: If he is such an idiot... why ate you being an idiot and staying with him?
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM
I wouldn't pay it and I would find some where else to live until the legal details are figured out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I trust myself and thats it. I have figured out you are the only person you can rely on 100% of the time.

Quoting Anonymous: Cause I didn't see a power bill. I haven't seen a power in 3 months.

I asked him if he had paid the power bill cause I didn't see it and he said yes.

I trusted him. Since that is generally what you do when you are jn a relationship with somebody....trust them

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are super paranoid, and stay on top of things, how'd that get past your vigilant eyes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:58 PM
That sounds like it's a sucky way to live.

I don't trust somebody once they have proven themselves untrustworthy.

We had been working on our relationship though and I thought it was going in a more positive direction. I was still planning on leaving and had consulted a lawyer because I wanted to be prepared.

Maybe it was foolish of me to trust him...but I thought I was doing the right thing.

Quoting Anonymous: I trust myself and thats it. I have figured out you are the only person you can rely on 100% of the time.

Quoting Anonymous: Cause I didn't see a power bill. I haven't seen a power in 3 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Its a sad life. After pretty much everyone you have ever trusted breaks it you start to reply on no one but yourself for everything.

Quoting Anonymous: That sounds like it's a sucky way to live.

I don't trust somebody once they have proven themselves untrustworthy.

We had been working on our relationship though and I thought it was going in a more positive direction. I was still planning on leaving and had consulted a lawyer because I wanted to be prepared.

Maybe it was foolish of me to trust him...but I thought I was doing the right thing.

Quoting Anonymous: I trust myself and thats it. I have figured out you are the only person you can rely on 100% of the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Oh, I definitely wasn't trying to imply that it was simple. It's going to be a pain in the ass unless he just agrees. Just whatever you do, don't sign off on that deed unless he refinances. It's a mistake many have made & regretted. Good luck to you. :)

Quoting Anonymous: I know it sounds so simple

Quoting bluebunnybabe: The only way to get out of the house is for one of you to buy out the other & refinance it in one person's name. Whatever you do, don't sign off on the deed unless he refinances it out of your name.

Quoting Anonymous: Mortgage is in both our names. I pay it directly out of my paycheck so I don't ever see the money.

I'm working with lawyer To figure out how to get out of the house.

Quoting Derari:

If he earns 3x you, why are you taking on so many bills? I take it the mortgage must be his then? You're lucky you are working and can care for your kids. You are already standing on your own feet. This might be the time to do what you have to for you and the kids. If you think talking will help, try that first. But if you're fighting to survive just do as you see fit.

SC_MomofTeens
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Wow!! $1300!! That's an insane amount. It would take me a year of not paying my electric for it to get that high.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish it was so simple though. I really do.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Oh, I definitely wasn't trying to imply that it was simple. It's going to be a pain in the ass unless he just agrees. Just whatever you do, don't sign off on that deed unless he refinances. It's a mistake many have made & regretted. Good luck to you. :)

Quoting Anonymous: I know it sounds so simple

Quoting bluebunnybabe: The only way to get out of the house is for one of you to buy out the other & refinance it in one person's name. Whatever you do, don't sign off on the deed unless he refinances it out of your name.

Quoting Anonymous: Mortgage is in both our names. I pay it directly out of my paycheck so I don't ever see the money.

I'm working with lawyer To figure out how to get out of the house.

Quoting Derari:

If he earns 3x you, why are you taking on so many bills? I take it the mortgage must be his then? You're lucky you are working and can care for your kids. You are already standing on your own feet. This might be the time to do what you have to for you and the kids. If you think talking will help, try that first. But if you're fighting to survive just do as you see fit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)