Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever lost a child or known someone that has?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

Someone I don't know recently lost theirs and it has really affected me.  Basically my 3rd cousin's wife's friend lost her 23 month old baby unexpectedly just a few days ago.  I guess he just stopped breathing.  I only ever met my 3rd cousin's wife once and have never met her friend but she is posting pictures of him and asking for funeral donations on facebook and it's just so sad.  So sad.  A month before his 2nd birthday!  Ughh I can't even imagine the pain his mom's going through  :( 

This is the link to the funeral donation site, I thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to help...

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/yg14/funeral-fund-for-jeremiah-glenn?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=dashboard

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
bump
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I have never lost a child but 2 very close friends have. It was devastating to watch them go through it and I cannot imagine the pain involved.

mistie900
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM
I've had a miscarriage at almost 4 months but I don't think that even compares to what it would be like to losing a child. I do know others who have lost children. I can't and don't want to imagine what it is like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM
This exactly. I can't even comprehend the pain that parents feel after losing a child.

Quoting mistie900: I've had a miscarriage at almost 4 months but I don't think that even compares to what it would be like to losing a child. I do know others who have lost children. I can't and don't want to imagine what it is like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Bump
TDausman
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
My oldest sister passed away in 2009. My parents still are not the same.
kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
My best friends sister lost her daughter to a brain tumor on Christmas eve of 2008.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
My cousin. She had a liver disease and her body rejected the transplant. My aunt and uncle decided not to put her through another transplant. She was 4 when she died. She'd be 22 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM

My friends cousins baby died of SIDS at I think 22 months just a few weeks ago:( I had no idea SIDS could happen at that age!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I had a miscarriage, that was hard for me

My cousin had to carry her baby almost full term and then deliver it, knowing he wouldn't survive. He had a disease that ran in the father's family where the lungs don't develop. He was born, tried to take a breath and passed. And now she can't have children even though she desperately wants them because her husband (diff man) had cancer as a child and is sterile. He refuses to adopt
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)