Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really he got a warning at LUNCH?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my co worker seriously got a verbal warning at lunch.....we all eat in a cafeteria and everyone talks and goofs off before we go back in. well today my coworker was excited all morning and when we all got to lunch he pulled out an ultrasound to show everyone,and he was smiling and excited while everyone looked at it (he's 22 and just got married) well our manager walked behind him as someone asked him a question and he answered excitedly,not loud just really excited and she told him if he had another "out burst" he would be suspended for a week with no pay!!! what the hell?! everyone is loud and talking,and she focused on him for no reason,shes a total bitch and goes after anyone she doesnt like i guess its his turn today

smh

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Replies (41-46):
Char-Bear
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Is it a single factory or larger corporation? Make complaints to the corporate offices or the state labor board. It sounds like she's promoting a hostile work environment, if there are enough complaints someone will listen and investigate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Char-Bear: Then you go above her head. She sounds like she's on a power trip. I can't stand people like that. Seriously you guys are adults on a lunch break not children needing to be disciplined.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Char-Bear: Is your lunch paid or unpaid? If it's unpaid/off clock she's completely out of line.

its unpaid and off the clock,but this manager can do no wrong so she can do whatever she wants

they wont do anything

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I think it's time to make the boss some "special brownies!" wink wink lol

.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I would not accept that warning if there is nothing in the policy and procedures about "outbursts" on lunch. Someone is on a power trip
FelineTopic
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Doesn't matter....

Whoever might have complained probably doesn't like you all...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FelineTopic: Sounds like maybe somebody complained you all were making to much noise and that was why she came to your table....

While the boss may be a bitch, you also have asshole coworkers..

there were people louder then our table,we werent even yelling though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I live in an at will state and I had a supervisor who would pull crap like that as well as a manager in a different department that pulled that kind of crap.

Eventually, the supervisor was targeted for a sexual harassment lawsuit for the way she would treat the men on the floor (part of the reason why she would target me, I didn't play into her sexual innuendos) and then the company was hit with a class action lawsuit due to the manager...mainly for making people work off the clock.

Since you say everyon is off the clock during lunch and she's threatening suspensions then that is taking his work environment off the clock.

I seriously suggest that you get him and the people that she's also threatened when they were off the clock, as well as any who have been fired and see if you have a case for either a hostile work environment or harassment. It sounds as though you and your co-workers do.

We won the case by the way...my dh and several others got a $10,000 settlement and others in the company got less but all in all the company had to pay over $250,000 in fines and legal fees. They fired the manager after that. As for the supervisor who was targeted in the sexual harassment case, she quit when it became clear the company was going to lose the case. 

Again, this is an at will state. Yes, they can fire people for pretty much any reason, but that does not mean they can get by with creating hostile work environments and threatening employees with suspensions while they are off the clock.

ARACMOM
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Do you clock out at lunch? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)