Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL says I am wrong! Oh well.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM
  • 0 Replies

My oldest dd is 9 and in the 3rd grade. She gets along with all the other kids in her class and is pretty popular and I am grateful for that because I wasn't growing up and got bullied. She has been telling me about this one boy that keeps getting in her face and screaming in her face on the playground. The teacher will tell him to stop and he tells the teacher to shut up. My dd was telling me the other day about it in front of my MIL that as long as he is just teasing her to tell the teacher but if he is in her face screaming to tell him one time to leave you alone and if he doesn't then shove him out of the way and if he puts his hands on her (hits or shoves her) to lay his ass out. She told me "but I will get in trouble" and I told her if you do then just tell the principal that you are not allowed to say anything until I get there and have them call me. I told her that the teacher can't seem to handle him either (she and I have had this conversation and she said that she has talked to his parents and they don't seem to care but he as a twin brother in the same class that is the exact opposite and often stands up for my dd). My MIL told me that I was wrong for encouraging fighting. How am I encouraging fighting? I am encouraging her to stand up for herself and defend herself. Am I wrong?

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)