Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bash away, bash away, bash away all!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
I'm posting this because my husband has been up my butt about it all day, and I want to see if he's right or anyone else can relate. I, of course, know that there will be crazies.

Normally my 15 month old is a very well rounded little boy. We eat an all organic diet, go to a play group every day and go to the park as long as its above freezing (yes, even in the rain we go play outside). We've had this routine for about 5 months, when he started walking (10 months old).

The thing is, I've been sick for a week and a half and on my period. He has also had my cold for about a week. We didn't go to play group, but we did go to the park. Yesterday, we had his 15 month checkup where he got his vaccination, obviously yesterday and today he wasn't well. He and I are both sick, and he had his shots. So yesterday and today we did nothing. Absolutely nothing. We watched cartoons and sat on the couch. He ate and drank whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, and dozed off frequently.

Today, we even had organic cookies and blackberries and chocolate chips for breakfast. Why? Because we wanted to.

I see absolutely no issue with this at all. My husband thinks that somehow, 2 days of not feeling well and lazing around is going to kill all of his brain cells.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I think your dh needs to chill the hell out. If he is so concern then he should pick up where you left off and make that poor sick boy do all his daily activities and see how that goes. Lol
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Hope you both feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
He's only 15 months old. Holy smokes. You all need to chill way out. Heck it's probably worse to be dragging him places all the time.
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Your husband needs to chill. No one loses brain cells bc they are sick for a few days.

And I am surprised your Pedi gave him VAX when he was sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Even the pope has a lazy day or two. Sheesh, your DH should be concerned with you guys being sick not what your daily activities are.
arimaur
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM

ugh, if only men had periods too and not just their mood swings.

i hope you and the little guy get better soon. :)

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Your husband should pull the stick out of his butt.

arimaur
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM

i read it as he got sick after the vaccinations...idk, i could be wrong

Quoting .PinkHart.: Your husband needs to chill. No one loses brain cells bc they are sick for a few days.

And I am surprised your Pedi gave him VAX when he was sick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
He loves our normal routine. He is very energetic and we live in a small apartment with no yard. He is also an only child, so going to the children's museum play group and park each day are normally a must.

But when he's sick what's the point? He needs rest and all day cuddling. I need rest and all day cuddling too. There is nothing wrong with doing this for a couple days lol

Quoting Anonymous: He's only 15 months old. Holy smokes. You all need to chill way out. Heck it's probably worse to be dragging him places all the time.
JackieGirl007
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Your dh is a douche.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN