Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lip Tied.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Ok, So this morning I noticed that my 7 (almost 8 month) old had a top tooth! Well, when I pulled his lip back I noticed that he may look a little lip tied... I have never even noticed it before, and he has never really had any problems eating. I take him in to his dr tomorrow and she will confirm if he is or not. Have any of you had babies that were lip tied? How old when they had the procedure? How long did it take? Did they have much pain after?

Here is a pic of my little guy

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Freela
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:05 PM

No, I had two that were tongue-tied, but not lips.  Let us know what the doctor says!  Would that cause a problem later or is it something that can be left alone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:05 PM
:/ poor guy
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I was lip tied.... Had the surgery at 12 heh
staci1103
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I've never had any experience with it bit I know in the breasting group I hear about them all the time.  Seems most people discover them when the baby doesn't Latch properly, not sure how it effects bottle feeding.  They have them corrected pretty soon, like the first few weeks of birth. And from what they say, it's not too awful painful. Done by an ENT

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:07 PM
I was also lip tied. I remember having my clipped but I dont remember what age. It was nbd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:07 PM

That's what I am also wondering. :( I really don't want to get a procedure done, but I also don't want him to have any problems.

Quoting Freela:

No, I had two that were tongue-tied, but not lips.  Let us know what the doctor says!  Would that cause a problem later or is it something that can be left alone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Was it painful??

Quoting justinnaimee: I was also lip tied. I remember having my clipped but I dont remember what age. It was nbd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM

What was reason for getting it clipped? Was it causing problems? Would it be bad to make my son wait to get his clipped?

Quoting Anonymous: I was lip tied.... Had the surgery at 12 heh

hnischke
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM
They leave a gap in the front teeth and are known for causing decay since food gets trapped there.

Quoting Anonymous:

What was reason for getting it clipped? Was it causing problems? Would it be bad to make my son wait to get his clipped?

Quoting Anonymous: I was lip tied.... Had the surgery at 12 heh

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I dont remember pain. I could have gotten a novocaine shot though. I was 5-7 ish and it was done by my dentist.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was it painful??

Quoting justinnaimee: I was also lip tied. I remember having my clipped but I dont remember what age. It was nbd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)