Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you interfere with your teen's relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies

If you knew they were either seeming controling; leading their partner on; using them; or planning on breaking up with them in a really cowardly way? I.e text, letter, in front of the entire school?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

No the only time I would interfere is if it was abusive.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM
4 moms liked this

This, exactly.  Or if some pedo adult was trying to get involved with my teen, their ass would be in jail....where they would be safe from my DH.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I think any adult that messed with my teen they would PREFER jail to what my DH would do.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

This, exactly.  Or if some pedo adult was trying to get involved with my teen, their ass would be in jail....where they would be safe from my DH.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Well, I make it known on a daily basis that my dd's boyfriend is an idiot. My other dd has tried repeatedly to get her to like someone else.

He's not exactly controlling (yet) but he's very possesive and manipulative. She got mad at him about a month ago and broke up with him, but he gave her this story about watching his grandma die and if he lost her, it would be worse than that. I'm hoping he played the grandma card too soon and the next time she gets mad, it'll stick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM
6 moms liked this

Yes if they cannot act responsibly while dating than they do not deserve to be dating. I would be ashamed that I did not raise them to treat others better. They are still in my care and I am still raising them so I would spend the time left ensuring they understood the right way to behave in a relationship. If they do not like it well thats too bad. If they live in my house than they follow my rules.

Anotherhalf2
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Of course. It would be an important teaching moment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My DD had a loser boyfriend too who was basically dating her because she was older and therefore SHOULD be more sexually advanced. She was that attached to having her first boyfriend (at 18) that she wouldn't listen to anyone -even her best friend. In the end -he kissed her (because he knew she'd tell him, the guy wasn't physically or emotionally abusive btw)  and the other guy got mad and broke it off and we never heard from him again.

Quoting Anonymous: Well, I make it known on a daily basis that my dd's boyfriend is an idiot. My other dd has tried repeatedly to get her to like someone else.

He's not exactly controlling (yet) but he's very possesive and manipulative. She got mad at him about a month ago and broke up with him, but he gave her this story about watching his grandma die and if he lost her, it would be worse than that. I'm hoping he played the grandma card too soon and the next time she gets mad, it'll stick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I agree :) I mean I do install values and morals on my kids - have from a young age; but yeah, I would definetely interfere if need be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes if they cannot act responsibly while dating than they do not deserve to be dating. I would be ashamed that I did not raise them to treat others better. They are still in my care and I am still raising them so I would spend the time left ensuring they understood the right way to behave in a relationship. If they do not like it well thats too bad. If they live in my house than they follow my rules.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM
No unless they were being abusive to my child. My mom always shoved into my relationships as a teen and I resent her for it now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)