Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex is trying to make life impossible without hkm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
Okay as of right now I am supposed to have full custody.. I was staying with a friend looking for a house and a job but unfortunately I couldn't find a house/job combination that I could afford to live with in our home town so I arranged to move 74 miles away.
I have been waiting for over 30 days to move. I have changed schools for my children and told me ex. I have a job. I signed a lease. I turned on utilities and paid deposits.... Yesterday the day I was supposed to move my world came crashing down.

I was served with an order of protection and am unable to move with my children. Which means my only choice is to move without them or be homeless. He did not petition the court for me not to move until Thursday!! How can he do that?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Bump
Leah.Rae
by Sarah on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Can you fight it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Of course but he has emergency temporary custody since I was the one attempting to move.

Quoting conweis:

Can you fight it?

gabenmikeysmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM
You have to legally get his permission to move. Even if you're moving across the street.
SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Even if she has full custody?

Quoting gabenmikeysmom: You have to legally get his permission to move. Even if you're moving across the street.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
An order of protection? What reasoning did he provide? They don't just give those out like candy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I had the court's permission. But he made false allegations to the court with his lawyer and also claimed I was a "flight risk" idk the proper term but basically thought I was planning to leave the state

Quoting gabenmikeysmom: You have to legally get his permission to move. Even if you're moving across the street.
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

He can do anything he wants.  I am sorry that you have a vindictive ex but that is the way it goes.  Is he a good dad?? If so, as much as it sucks, I would give him temporary custody and make sure you have visitation until you establish yourself.  I know this is not going to be the popular decision but it is the realsitic solution.....

gabenmikeysmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Yes if he has any rights to them at all. Even visitation.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Even if she has full custody?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN