Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I learned about parenting (from DH) while I've been sick

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

1. Pajamas aren't necessary, and kids sleep just fine in their clothes.

2. Beds aren't necessary, and kids sleep just fine wherever they happen to be when they fall asleep.

3. As long as the doors are locked, and the baby gates are up, you can leave the kids alone in the living room all morning while you sleep past noon. If they get hungry, the oldest will get a poptart and share it with the younger kids.

4. Washing whole loads of clothing isn't necessary. If you are out of clothes, only wash the clothes you plan on wearing. This saves time, as you then don't have to fold or put away clothes you weren't planning on wearing that day.

5. Meal plans aren't necessary. Ignore any meal plan that was put in place, and just call your MIL. She will feed you, and your kids.

6. Baths are overrated. Unless your kid smells, he or she can hold off for another day.

7. Making sure kids pick up after themselves is unnecessary. Just let them go play outside.

8. Making sure homework and school projects are getting worked on is unnecessary. Just let them go play outside.

9. Keeping an eye on your kids while they are outside is unnecessary. Just tell them to play with the kids of a neighbor you know keeps an eye on her kids. As a bonus, tell your kids to mention how sick their mom is, as it may lead to a dinner invite.

10. If you do little enough, your wife will get up, no matter how sick she is, and take care of your kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Sounds like you married a winner, are you going to talk to him about it or just bitch on cafemom.

For the record some of what you listed really isn't that bad. Kids will survive without pajamas or a bath every night.
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree with 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

You married the douche 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Wow I'm glad I married a man. He takes care of the house when I'm gone or sick. Hope you don't get sick very often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Your Dh is lazy. I take care of my kids even when I'm sick. My Dh works all the time, but if he didn't he wouldn't do this bad of job. I wah.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM

#10 happens no matter what in my house otherwise DH will keep asking me what he should do or how to do something. It's just easier to do it myself after the 10th time he asks something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I talked to him when I got up, after I wasn't as pissed. He fell asleep and started snoring while I was talking to him.

Quoting Anonymous: Sounds like you married a winner, are you going to talk to him about it or just bitch on cafemom.

For the record some of what you listed really isn't that bad. Kids will survive without pajamas or a bath every night.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Me too.

Quoting Seagodess: I agree with 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm not seeing a big deal.

Jammie's aren't necessary.
As long as the kids sleep does it really matter where?
A full load would make more sense, but hey at least his clothes are clean.
A free meal? Who turns that down?
Baths, unless they kids are stinky and nasty a missed bath isn't going to kill them.
Is there a reason kids shouldn't be playing outside? If the neighbor lady isn't complaining why are you?
If you got out of bed that was your choice.

He parents differently then you. That doesn't make him lazy or a douche. You do things your way, he does it his way. Neither way is wrong, just different.

The only one I see as a deal breaker is the homework, but even that wouldn't be enough to piss me off.
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Does he have a medical condition that causes him to sleep so much?

Quoting Anonymous:

I talked to him when I got up, after I wasn't as pissed. He fell asleep and started snoring while I was talking to him.

Quoting Anonymous: Sounds like you married a winner, are you going to talk to him about it or just bitch on cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured