Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll - Should men still have to pay CS for a child he never wanted?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 622 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Poll - Should men still have to pay CS for a child he never wanted?

Options:

Yes

No

I will post my opinion

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1213

View Results

Assume:

-The father and mother never married.

-The father made it clear early in the pregnancy that he did not want to be a father.

-The mother will be raising the child by herself.

-The father is willing to give up his parental rights.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-of-three3
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM
112 moms liked this
I voted no. If a woman has the right to abort without the father's permission, the father should have to right to want nothing to do with his child.
Kaminoyousha
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree!

Quoting momma-of-three3: I voted no. If a woman has the right to abort without the father's permission, the father should have to right to want nothing to do with his child.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

IDK.

I fit 3/4 of that.

DD's dad and I never married and never will, he made it very clear before I even got pregnant he didn't want another child (we used a condom and spermicide but shit happens when you party naked) I never told him until she was 7 months old. I am and will continue to raise her on my own. BUT he wants visitation. 

I have not and will not pursue child support. However, I believe that visitations should be on him since I am covering 100% of everything else.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM
94 moms liked this

Father should have wrapped it up if he didn't want to pay

MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM
10 moms liked this

If he has his rights terminated, no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM
15 moms liked this
No. He can't force a woman to carry a baby he wants do he shouldn't pay for one he doesn't. It should be a legal document signed before 20 weeks. If he decides later he wants contact, he is responsible for back child support, unless the mom decides she doesn't want it.
tiarra7022
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:41 PM
8 moms liked this

My sons bio dad made it clear when we were dating that the only reason he had his son with his ex wife was because his dad wanted him too and he didnt want anymore kids. I knew this and accepted it. When our oops happened we split and I kept him some what updated as the pregnancy went on just out of respect but I never planned on him being involved. I raised out son for his first year alone with no help from the bio dad. My current husband adopted him as soon as he could and to this day my son has never met his real dad and to be honest I dont think he knows. He is a mix so some day it will come up but I never wanted money. My son needed a dad not a paycheck and I was more then happy to work more hours and provide for him on my own.

iamnameless
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
4 moms liked this
If she can kill the baby why cant he just leave and say he wants nothing to do with baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
57 moms liked this

If he didn't want a child, then he shouldn't have had sex. It's pretty simple and that's the risk everyone runs when they have sex. You should know someone well enough to know what they're going to do in the event of an unintended pregnancy BEFORE you have sex with them. If you aren't comfortable having that conversation with them, again, the answer is DON'T HAVE SEX.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
14 moms liked this

Yes. If he really didnt want to have kids, he shouldnt have had sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN