Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

had to fight back tears

Posted by   + Show Post

dss and i were looking through pictures.  we love looking through old photo albums together.  i have a ton, df has a ton, i made a special one for him. the one i made has picures of his bio mom and father. bio mom isntt in his life. he knows hes not my bio son. i just want him to know that he came from her this is what she looks like. i dont want him to think i ever held him back from knowing his roots.  he told me to light that album on fire because doesnt love her since she doesnt love him. i said that she is very sick and has lots of problems but we shouldnt light her pictures on fire because you may one day want to see them again.  he just pushed the photo album away and wanted to look at the old pictures of his grandparents when they were dating.  just broke my heart.  did i handle it ok?

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
CalicoMeezer
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM
You did well mama. He's hurt, and understandibly so, and you showed respect and not maliciousness or jealousy. Too many women couldn't or wouldn't do the same.
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Quoting CalicoMeezer: You did well mama. He's hurt, and understandibly so, and you showed respect and not maliciousness or jealousy. Too many women couldn't or wouldn't do the same.

thank you, i wasnt in this position growing up so i cant imagine feeling neglected by someone who is supposed to love me. 

littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM

You did a good job. When he is ready, if ever, he will look at them. It's great that you are giving him the option.

I am not adopted, but I have never met my biological father. My mom has some pictures and I have them now...somewhere. I have looked at them a few times, but it's really not all that interesting to me. I remember being interested at first and wanting to meet him, but then my mom said I might have to do visitation and would I be okay with that. I said no, and dropped it. I wasn't interested to have to be away from my mom and siblings for days at a time. That was when I was 8ish.

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM
You handled it right. Its a tough subject to deal with. Someday he will want to see the pics so its good that you packed them away in the attick. He will thank you someday.
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Quoting jenny3344: You handled it right. Its a tough subject to deal with. Someday he will want to see the pics so its good that you packed them away in the attick. He will thank you someday.

thank you.  i wont get rid of them. it just breaks my heart that he said that well she doesnt love me so...  if she knew him she would love him

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Quoting littlemoments99:

You did a good job. When he is ready, if ever, he will look at them. It's great that you are giving him the option.

I am not adopted, but I have never met my biological father. My mom has some pictures and I have them now...somewhere. I have looked at them a few times, but it's really not all that interesting to me. I remember being interested at first and wanting to meet him, but then my mom said I might have to do visitation and would I be okay with that. I said no, and dropped it. I wasn't interested to have to be away from my mom and siblings for days at a time. That was when I was 8ish.

thank you for answering 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Just put it away. You are right, he may want those pictures some day. I think you did fine. Just reassure him that she does love him, and that he has you and you love him dearly.
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Just put it away. You are right, he may want those pictures some day. I think you did fine. Just reassure him that she does love him, and that he has you and you love him dearly.

thank you.  he knows i love him. and  she doesnt come up in conversation often, only when we drag out the photo albums really. he has no memories of her

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Just pull those pictures out and put them some place safe, in  case he wants them again later.

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:18 PM

they are in the attic.  cant get safter than that lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Just pull those pictures out and put them some place safe, in  case he wants them again later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)